Friday, September 01, 2006

baby Avery's not so much a baby anymore


feb. 2006 kisses from my girl (5 months old) Sept. 2005 at the hospital admiring my new Avery

today is Avery's first Birthday! (the party is tomorrow at my parents so I'll post more about the celebration later)
but for now, I'll refrence you to this day last year when she first came into the world....
http://wwwultrabright.blogspot.com/2005/09/averys-first-hour-september-1-2005.html


I woke up this morning with her around 5:15 and usually I try to be quiet so she can get back to sleep (hopefully with fingers crossed) but instead i was overwhelmed with the thought that she's one year old today and I just had to sing Happy Birthday to her. That got her happy and bright eyed so we ended up playing 'hand shadows' on the wall with her nightlight for awhile. She's getting so big....I sang happy birthday a couple times and she smiled up at me and I just started crying. I'm so amazed at how quickly the year has passed. they tell you about having a baby but no one lets you in on the secret that these lovely babies grow and start turning into children. I feel so blessed for the opportunity to be her mother and I just pray that that I'm the best mother possible for her. We've had the first year together and we're pretty well aquinted but the lesson I've learned is that just when you think you know your child, they go and change.
Happy first Birthday my sweet darling baby girl, I love you with all of my heart and I'm so proud of you and everything you have acomplished this past year.
*here flow the water works again :)

13 Comments:

Blogger katie g. said...

Happy Birthday, Avery!!

September 01, 2006 8:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVERY AND AVERY'S MOM AND DAD!!!!

September 01, 2006 9:37 AM  
Blogger KB said...

Don't forget about what you've accomplished this past year. I'm pretty sure just a year ago you didn't think you could do it and now look at you!

September 01, 2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Happy Birthday sweet baby girl!!!

I can't believe it's been a year already.. wow...

Hugs & kisses!

M~

September 01, 2006 11:03 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Avery!


I remember waiting to see her first pics now I am waitingt to see her first b-day pics.

September 01, 2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Katy C. said...

Happy Birthday, Avery!! I can't believe she's a year old already :o)

September 01, 2006 3:36 PM  
Blogger BabyMakes4 said...

happy birthday avery!! you are going to be the best big sister ever. have a great party! :)

September 01, 2006 5:06 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

Oh, God, happy birthday Avery!!

September 01, 2006 6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVERY!!!

September 01, 2006 9:20 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Congratulations on surviving your first year of motherhood too!

September 01, 2006 11:52 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

Happy Birthday Dearest Avery :D

September 02, 2006 9:06 AM  
Blogger mistyblue3 said...

awwwww. that made me cry too ;) I always cry on my kids birthdays. The first one is always the hardest. I hope your party turns out!

xoxo

September 02, 2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger keda said...

happy late birthday darlings!

September 06, 2006 4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home