Thursday, August 10, 2006

this picture is more personal then any other I have publish so far. Seeing Avery with her new set of teeth makes me feel so vulnerable, I realize that my baby is growing up and time stops for no one. I see her baby gums disappear and a child's smile takes its place. Her new set of teeth will be replaced one day with adult teeth and then on to braces... My heart simply aches...Why cant we stay this way forever?
my baby girl will have to grow and age and learn to talk and its all passing so quickly without any notice...Its all going to be over by the time I wake up tomorrow and I'll say, "where did the time go? Where's my little baby girl at?"
as I see her new baby teeth come in it brings me back to when I was a small girl. All my childhood photos I had a huge gap in the front of my mouth from where I knocked out my front tooth. My Mother tells the story that at the age of two , I was over visiting with friends and running through their house and I tripped and fell over the foot of a chair causing my tooth to come out, the whole tooth and Root.
Mom was crying upset but I recovered quickly and continued to play. And the next Five years I had a gaping hole in my smile (I think it might have helped develop my personality as a child). Mom worried that I would always have the hole in my mouth but eventually by the time I turned 7 and my adult teeth were coming in...Everything looked and grew back fine.

I always fear that something is going to happen to Avery ....That at any moment there could be a life altering accident that occurs and the baby face I have gotten acquainted with could be gone or disfigured. (I don't mean to sound vane) but I worry that any moment could change the rest of our lives as we know it.
Already with her new teeth coming in, life will never be the same and I have to watch as my daughter grows out of babyhood and her appearance changes. Its a sobering thought of motherhood

ps, I'm also upset that no one commented how I coordinated the leopard print...Does no body notice fashion these days? :)

7 Comments:

Blogger aughra said...

I noticed the fashion!!

She is so lovely. I've worried about the tooth issue, too, but Gus got through with all of them, and is now on to adult teeth. Besides, if anything does happen, it's just baby teeth, right?

August 10, 2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

Very nice coordination. I always get sad thinking about my childhood, how I can't get it back. I can't imagine what it's like to be a mother thinking about her child! Why can't we stop time every now and then?

August 10, 2006 1:33 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

The mum and daughter leopard print is cool alright - I just didn't notice 'cos I'm really unobservant.

It's probably just as well Avery's growing up. Soon she'll be able to take over baby-sitting duties.

August 10, 2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I noticed and thought it was very cute! Good job. I just haven't had time to comment on blogs before today.

Your daughter looks healthy and strong, just like you - that gives her an advantage already.

August 11, 2006 5:28 AM  
Blogger Shionge said...

:D I did! I did! I did notice and I'm sorry for not commenting the fantastic coordination of fashion.

So here goes: "WOW! So clever! So well coordinated leopard prints...they are so in FASHION! Well done Avery's Mom!"

:D Have a nice day!

August 11, 2006 6:50 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

i noticed just did not say anythin about it sorry. It is sad to watch them grow but at the same tIme extra rewarding to see them begin new things. Hang in there you will start to get excited about her change. I promise it cames after the sad. I always do this in fact I still do it with Emmy and she is 7.

August 11, 2006 7:54 AM  
Blogger KB said...

Impressive coordination. Quite the fashion mavens.

August 11, 2006 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home