Thursday, August 03, 2006

the men in my day

I'm embarrrassed, I thoughts yesterday was Tuesday and when the lawnmower guys started up their racket out side of Avery's nursery window , I was getting all upset thinking they came a day early and wanted to yell at them why they couldnt just stick to doing the yard on Wednesdays like all the other wednesdays in prior weeks and months of them disturbing my baby's nap. my blood was really boiling and i guess it was a good thing i dont speek Spanish or I might have actually said something to the lawn guys and then I would have looked like the dumbest pregnant lady around.

some other news, we've been having trouble with Ants getting into our kitchen. this has been going on for the last year of us living in this apartment and each month we've called to complain to the office and occasionally they'll send out a pest control guy with a canister and wand to spray around the cracks and windows and suspicious areas.
well, yesterday afternoon, the bug guy came knocking and this time it was some older fellow. ( the regular guy was creepy and looked like he might have taken sniffs from the wand) but as soon as i opened the door , the new older bugman says "Oh, I cant do anything with you in your condition. you have to be gone and out of the house for at least 2 hours after we spray"
I laughed because they had been in our home a month ealier and batman was furious that they had sprayed without notice and we came home to a stinking fog of pesticides all throughout the home. Why werent they concerned with my pregnant tummy back in June?

4 Comments:

Blogger crazycatlady said...

At least this guy cared enough to speak up. Keep yourself and those babies safe...from ants and from the effects of bugspray. Have a good day!

August 03, 2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

how sweet of him to say so!

too bad they weren't more caring last time.

I hate it when I don't know what day it is.

August 03, 2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger Shionge said...

Can the pest control don't spray but put some powder or something instead?

Hope those ants are gone now.....have a good weekend.

August 03, 2006 5:40 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Windex or 409 will kill them. Or you can go buy some Sevin Dust if you want to try the powder then just vacuum it up... just keep Avery away from it! It's killed all the ants I've had this year including the ones who destroyed my sunflowers :(
Anyway, sevin dust is cheap and effective.

August 04, 2006 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home