Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Humpday-the AM

6:45am
wake up to Batmans alarm....realize that I'm going to have to manage today off the two hours of sleep i got . and what a crazy dream...somthing about watching the map of the world go up in flames as trojans took over eastern Europe and I was having to jump from boats as battle ships kept sinking, It was wild and real and exhausting sleep and I got a whole 2 hours of it in.
Batman is kind and gets Avery from her crib and places her in the bed next to me so she can climb and hug all over my pregnant stomach. what a sweet little girl but I'm dreading having to manage her all by myself today wondering how I'm going to manage the fatigue and swelling and achey back while she climbs around slapping my tummy waking Benjamin up so he start kicking in responce.
fuck this,,,I'm getting a pot of coffee started.
7:00am
batman heads out to work and I set AVery in her bouncy seat next to the kitchen while I prep a sippy cup of Apple juice for her and pot of shitty coffee for me. oh, look there are half the dozen donuts I didnt finish eating yesterday......
we settle into morning routine of me checking email and her greating all her forgotten toys around the living room floor.
7:45am I realize that she's bored and probably needs some breakfast so I set her up in her Highchair and hand her some of my donut to tear apart while I get some strawberries slices and put neatly in a bowl for her.
8:10am RED FACE and GRUNTING and I'm thinking that I should get the camera and snap a few but then I realize that my sweet daughter wont appriciate being captured this way pluss it always distracts her from her work so I leave her to her RED FACed GRUNting.
A few moments later She's wailing and wants out of her chair...I go to lift her and realize that her Pirates of the Caribean treasure CHest had fallen beside her in the seat and I lift it out COVERED IN Her POO!
She's standing in her seat and I realize that her stupid diaper has leaked all over the inside of her highchair and its emergency bathtime.
I rush her to the bathroom sink and carefully rip her pink nighty over her head checking to make sure there was nothing on the backside I was sliding across her hair. Toss that aside while balanceing her with one arm I get the water in the sink going so I can wash off her feet and legs. Avery is now standing in the bathroom sink with only her leaking diaper on and I'm trying to figure out the best way to remove it and wondering how on earth this girl produces so much SHIT. It must come from Batmans side of the family cause god knows, I shit like a bunny.
deciding the easiest route to getting the diaper off is to lay Avery back across the Counter, I lay out a changing pad not wanting to distress her further with a cold countertop on her back. She wines but I dont even hear it...too busy remembering the good ol' days of Avery's newborn diapers smelling like a fresh batch of SugarCookies. nothing like breastfed baby poo...it just smells better and this mornign I was missing it bad.
Got the diaper off and dont understand how there could be only a BROWNIE in the DIaper but an entire MUDPIE across her seat. it just doesnt add up....who put this diaper on anyway? BATMAN did when he first got her up from her crib (figures he'ld do this to me)
get the water started in the bathtub and stick her butt up to the faucet hopeing to loose most of the sticky chuncks from between her legs
there was too much poop to write about here, I feel bad having to mention it so much in this post.
lets just say that by 9:10am I had a clean baby, clean bathtub , sink and counter top, the highchair was drying outside in the sun and I was able to push the vacuum around the house...cause Damit, IF Im going to be cleaning like this, then I'm going to keep at it while I've got the cofee in me.


13 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

So how does the story end? Did you live happily ever after?

July 19, 2006 1:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a way to start the day!!!

July 19, 2006 2:33 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

days like that are so crummy!

i had one recently that just involved bad news.

July 19, 2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

OOOOHHHH yum! I'm sooooo ready for dinner now! LOL

M~

July 19, 2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger Katy C. said...

Dude...messages like that should be prefaced with a "don't read if you have a weak stomach" lol

July 19, 2006 3:47 PM  
Blogger Jinon Nane' said...

Poop...such strange and profound part of daily life. Something you don't discuss at all...that is until you have a baby and then your day consits of little else.

July 19, 2006 3:50 PM  
Blogger Zoeyjane said...

holy poop.

July 19, 2006 4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! I hope the p.m. was better than the a.m.!

July 19, 2006 8:18 PM  
Blogger katie g. said...

Wow. I love reading this blog, but it makes me a little iffy on having kids ;)

July 19, 2006 8:31 PM  
Blogger trisha said...

that is very POOPY story! LOL-It does happen though....wait until you have both if them with POOPY messes like baby girls today.... you'll have a lot longer story to tell us then this one! glad you got everything cleaned up and baby girl smelling pretty again!

July 19, 2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Also I hope tonight was better than the morning. Sending you virtual cookies that don't add any unneeded pounds to the belly you are already hauling around. :)

I really often wished I could just unzip that belly for a while and hand it off, just for a little nap or something. I guess it's a precursor to get you used to being a mommy to a baby that can't be handed off either. Wow. That's a sad and depressing way to end the night.

How about this?

Chicken.

Take care. No more poop for tomorrow. I've declared it.

July 19, 2006 9:06 PM  
Blogger keda said...

good plan babe! uck i remember that. (grimaces)
it sounds like a tv and sofa and doughnut day to me if ever there was one. good luck, sweetie ;)

July 20, 2006 5:18 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

those surprise poos can be pretty devastating to your day, eh? My daughter does the red-faced grunt before each poo too, and I always change her nappy right after I see it because the last thing I want is to spend the next hour cleaning poo of her back...

July 21, 2006 1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home