Sunday, July 16, 2006

growth plates and other nonsense

http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/growth_plate/growth.htm
Batman has told me many stories of his past in athletics and continually confuses me when refering to a persons GROwth PLate. I've studied the human anatomy and nowhere did we learn about growth plates to refer to the chest or sternum.
Finally on line we have an answer to what Batman thinks a growth plate is.......turns out its the soft spot of bone towards the end of ALL bones that are still growing in children and adolesence.
ITS NOT a region in your chest, its not a bone under your pectoralis, it doesnt lie behind your clavicle......its immature bone that breaks easliy.
EDucated myself a bit tongiht and batman wants to be told that he's smart for knowing a term that I did not.
Too bad he couldnt tell me what a growth plate was other then pointing at his chest and saying to "ASK any of my old football coaches"
But of course Dear, I'm so happy that I married a smart man


5 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

Isn't it nice though, to have a man who's confident. Even when he's wrong :-)

July 16, 2006 11:38 PM  
Blogger keda said...

hahahaha :)

July 17, 2006 4:43 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

that is funny just keep encouraging him :) LOL hope you had a good weekend

July 17, 2006 7:18 AM  
Blogger Zoeyjane said...

well, if he can admit, after the research that he was...misinformed, then it's all good.

i would get heckled for weeks just for looking it up - but i'm anal like that and go to the inet for all things argumentative. plus, i like to be right.

July 17, 2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger Katy C. said...

LMAO....now that is just darn funny.

July 17, 2006 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home