Thursday, September 07, 2006

Avery's First Birthday party



did we do enough decorations?

i'm in the top left, my mother in the green with her arm out, girlfriends girlfriend Angela sitting in the white shirt, batman's Aunt Gloria in the denim, Avery's step aunt Robbi in the pink and step greatgrandmother with her hand to her chin, the dude in the grey/green shirt at the head of the table is batmans' stepdad Stan.


Still more people... Brother Roman is at front left, Brother Rory is top Right with his little girlpal Emylee in the white dress...(they like to salsa dance together) Notice my protruding belly, and people say I look small for being 9 months pregnant! Its really insulting when they tell me this.
All the little cupcakes I made. the yellow stars are lemon and the pink hearts are strawberry with vanilla frosting. I baked about 4 dozen the day before the party and poor avery was tugging at my apron strings all afternoon. wasnt fun when she got my apron untied and my maternity pants started to fall but we had to get the party ready.We sang happy birthday and had a candle in one of the lemon cupcakes for her. She was more amazed with the group singing then with the fire infront of her. she used her fork like a big girl when it came time to eat her cake.....

....that is untill her second piece from the big cake and great Aunt Robbi took avery's hand and showed her to smash it up with her fingers, Saying : "See Avery, doesnt it feel good?"

Since when do we teach children to play and enjoy the texture of their food with their hands if the baby is happy and successful with a fork?guess we had to get the messy cake shot for a first birthday.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I'm impressed with the cupcakes! And what a good girl for using her fork.

I also want to tell you that you look good! Everybody's a different size at 9 months pregnant... whatever!!

September 07, 2006 2:38 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Avery's so clever using a fork! My kid is still eating with her hands - but then I haven't given her a fork to play with because I'd worry about her taking an eye out.

September 07, 2006 2:47 PM  
Blogger Zoeyjane said...

awwwwww. now i really need cucpakes and can't wait another 46 weeks!!!

September 07, 2006 3:25 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

I love the pics of sweet Avery! And you look fantastic, Mama!

M~

September 07, 2006 5:33 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

Of course you need the messy cake shot!! But, I understand, the fork is working, keep with the fork.

You look great for being nine months, absolutely great. And I see the resemblance with Roman. Rory was too far back.

Check your email, kay?

September 07, 2006 6:39 PM  
Blogger keda said...

lovely! and you both look fabulous :)

September 08, 2006 3:23 AM  
Blogger keda said...

ps.. when i was 9 months pregnant i got people swearing at me in the street.. "holy cow!!" "did you SEE her?"

now thats insulting :)

September 08, 2006 3:25 AM  
Blogger keda said...

pps.. sorry i forgot to say.. sadly i won't be coming anywhere near your neck of the woods this trip. i'll be sure to let you know if ever i do! would love to meet you too in 3D :)

September 08, 2006 3:36 AM  
Blogger OurSweetDreams said...

Everything looks GREAT!! I am glad she enjoyed her 1st b'day :)

September 10, 2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger ~art said...

looks like fun for all!

September 11, 2006 8:07 AM  
Blogger mistyblue3 said...

Looks like you had quite the party!! My goodness, you sure are a sexy mama! You have just the right sized, beautiful baby tank :) Getting close love! And I'm impressed w/ your martha skills!

September 11, 2006 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow the memories of that house. so many just flooded my head.

February 26, 2007 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home