Sunday, September 17, 2006

Running a fever 102 degrees!

around 1:45 lastnight avery woke me up crying so I got my pregnant ass up out of bed and went to soothe her. when I picked her up she was RED HOT , not sweaty but just simply burning up. all week she's been snotty nosed and sleeping has been difficult for her. she's been fussier then usual but i tributed that to me being a bad example. I figured the nose thing was part of her teething though we havent had it with prior teeth. the snot was clear and I was told not to worry about it.
that is till last night when her temp read 102! I got batman up and we made a trip to the ER at 2am. I cried when they made me put a dressing gown on my baby. I just couldnt dream that my sweet girl was so sick that she needed to be put in a hospital gown and couldnt simply wear her nighty while they checked her. its the saddest thing when you see your baby in a hospital. She was so great and entertained with the latenight out. She had gotten a good 4 hours sleep and was feeling rested but we still needed to have a Doc. check her out.
it turns out she has infected both her ears from the nose draining through her system. I feel like a horrible mother not realizing that my baby was having ear trouble. the staff kept asking if she was pulling at her ears and honestly i didnt notice anything more then usual. She had stuck a Qtip up to her ear yesterday but i thought that was her imitating me. After we left the hospital and had a diagnosis, I saw her sitting in her car seat with her arms up beside her head and thought, Why i hadnt noticed before, but she always sleeps with her hands up around her head. I just felt like I was loosing my mommy inuition. I keep telling myself not to worry so much and that things are going to be fine....and then I'm forced to recognize that my family's health is fleating.
I have 7 more days till i get another baby. I go in for my preop. on this friday. I have to dose Avery with antibiotics every 8 hrs for the next 10 days....tell me how I'm going to be able to keep up with it all. I also have to get my parents upstairs emptied out and cleaned and get my house downsized to fit into two bedrooms.
Oh, and I'm suppose to stay off my feet

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe you had the presence of mind to take your camera to the ER! It must always be in your purse or something. Poor baby Avery. I bet giving her the antiobiotics is easy as pie too, right? ;)

September 17, 2006 3:59 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Awwww... sweet baby girl... I hope she feels better soon.

Wow, time is almost here for you, gal! I hope we hear from you!

M~

September 17, 2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger BabyMakes4 said...

poor darling girls. both of you. i just want to kiss and hug avery and make everything all better. i'm so excited about benjamin! i can't wait to see pictures. I'm sending calm thoughts your way. i know things are about to get very busy for you.

September 17, 2006 6:23 PM  
Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

Don't worry about your intuition, sleeping with her hands by her head doesn't seem like it would indicate anything. You noticed it soon enough. You'll handle it all somehow. (:

September 17, 2006 8:27 PM  
Blogger ~art said...

***HUGS***

September 18, 2006 5:28 AM  
Blogger Shionge said...

*Sob* ..... *Sniff* I'm sorry to hear that she has been poorly! {{Big Hugs}} to Avery

September 18, 2006 6:03 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

i hope she feels better and honestly my boys never even had fevers with their ear infections every baby is different. YOu did nothing wrong k.

And one the baby is here it will probably be easier cause he will be out of you and sleeping all day so you can do more stuff after you heal from the C- Section

I wish i was around to help.Soon it will all start to settle just tell yourself that over and over that it will all be ok soon. Little Benjamin is almost here and your body will almost be back.

Lots of love and hugs to you and the kids
Heather

September 18, 2006 11:29 AM  
Blogger aughra said...

hang in there, sweety. You are a great mother-these things always sneak up on you and throw you for a loop. Good luck. Did you get the present for Ben?

September 18, 2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

You are too hard on yourself. I know everything is happening at once and actually, it is here too. Just know you're doing the best you can and that you are an awesome Mom to Avery and she loves you very much. Those ear infections can come out of nowhere and I would've thought it was allergies or something anyway. All Moms get that terrible cry in the middle of the night from a sick child. 102 for adults is actually worse than it is for kids. Take care of yourself too and I'd insist on more help from Batman, but that's just me.

September 18, 2006 9:26 PM  
Blogger mistyblue3 said...

sad baby pic. :( She's a doll, even when sick. You can't spot those sort of things- don't beat yourself up about it. I hope she gets better soon!

September 19, 2006 7:32 AM  
Blogger KB said...

Don't doubt yourself - ear infections are mysterious. My mother who had three kids said she would rush us to the doctor with supposed ear infections to have it be nothing and then other times go in for something benign and be told we had raging infections. So it's proof that you sometimes can't guess!

September 19, 2006 9:59 AM  
Blogger ~art said...

how is everyone?

September 19, 2006 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home