Thursday, November 03, 2005

dreams of other babies


I keep having these weird dreams that I find and rescue babies. Last night it was a baby left on the doorsteps of my parents house that was also a grocery store. I picked up the baby and had to remind myself that it wasn't Avery because I had left her sleeping in my old bedroom upstairs but the similarity between the two was amazing. The baby I had found had the same dark hair, was about the same size/age only was a little malnourished. I was so concerned about the baby's weight I ran to ask another mother/checkout lady if she thought it was ok for me to nurse the baby. I just didn't want to upset anyone by shoving my breast into some strangers baby's face , even if the original mom had left her baby behind without any care. I kept wondering if the baby was a boy or a girl...It had on only a diaper and was semi wrapped with a lite blanket. I decided not to nurse this strange baby,i didnt know where it had been and it wasn't crying so I took it upstairs to my old bedroom to make sure Avery was still there and I changed the diaper discovering that the abandoned baby was a little boy, and I kept thinking how close in age Avery and this mistery baby boy were and ways I would be able to tell them apart.
I really wonder if this type of dreaming is normal for a new mom. I guess I'm overwhelmed with concern and care of babies that I'm picking up all these extra ones in my dreams

4 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

Wild dreams, gal. I'm sure it's normal. You're so very attached to your sweet baby girl.

M~

November 03, 2005 9:23 AM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

i've had weird dreams lately too for the past few months. i never remember what they're about but they all involve different people from my past that i havn't even thought of for YEARS. i have only had two baby dreams though. maybe tonight... i want to dream about my little one not some crazy person i used to know in high school.

November 03, 2005 11:09 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

I love to hear about your dreams they are always so weird.

November 03, 2005 3:10 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

lovely dreams. I have millions but I don't remember them. Actually I only dream when I get enough sleep- last night was finally one of those nights!

November 03, 2005 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home