Thursday, October 20, 2005

going back in time

wanna belly wrestle? I was always forgetting how big my stomach was and would bump into everything. ended up with a burn mark from the oven on mytummy....thank God that went away...but still have the stretch marks that didnt show their ugly selves untill after the baby was born. (sneaky bastards)


me just not giving a crap about anything but trying to get comfortable...I would take long baths to help relieve the leg cramps and alieviate some of the weight and strain on my poor bones. Here i'm about week 40 and worried that my water could break while in the tub (most doctors arent that worried just because statistically, the chances of it happening are slim)


Me in full hormonal swing at the baby shower when I was 38 weeks. I broke down in 'happy' tears when I recieved Avery's first little Snoopy from my Dad....that's kinda his thing.
and the cake tasted wonderful despite the expression on Jamie's face....he was copeing as best he could with the swollen, moody/uncomfortable incubator that I had become.


The day I took the pregnancy test for the second time and was starting to actually believe I was pregnant. I was already 12 weeks along and hadn't noticed any nausea before except I almost passed out during a long session at work. It was 1 1/2 hour massage with a great lady client and my hands were shaking and I had tremendous heat flashes because I skipped lunch that day...Not good when your body is being taken over by a pregnancy. I didn't finish the massage and felt horrible having to excuse myself like that. My client Teresa was the one who insisted on me going and taking a pregnancy test....I was in denial. So I had to take a second one a couple weeks apart before it sunk in.



6 Comments:

Blogger aughra said...

You are such a pretty mommy to such a pretty girl. Things going well? Email me anytime for anthing, kay darlin?

October 21, 2005 4:57 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

You've come a long way, baby!

:)
M~

BTW ~ I am definitely gonna do the hot stone massage. I'm sorry, I never responded on that comment you made!

October 21, 2005 5:45 AM  
Blogger BabyMakes4 said...

what? stretch marks show up AFTER the baby? no time to even get used to them? that's so unfair...

thanks for the story about the stove...i'll keep that in mind when i'm puttering around in the kitchen in a few weeks.

October 21, 2005 10:03 AM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

i have gotten some in the front of my belly, mostly the lower part of it. i don't like them but i like why i have them! (p.s. that's what my belly button looks like now!)

October 21, 2005 4:17 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

What a great trip down memory lane. It seems like just yesterday that we "met" and we were seeing some of these pictures for the first time. By the way, feel lucky that it was pregnancy that gave you those nasty stretch marks some of us have them and have never had a baby

October 21, 2005 10:38 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

I was lucky enough not to get stretch marks, but I do still have a big dark line that runs all the way down my stomach.

October 25, 2005 1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home