Friday, November 04, 2005

2 month baby check up

First off I want to announce last night as the worst night of sleep I have ever had. Avery went to sleep around 6pm and Jamie didn't turn off the tube until.....I don't even know. I finally switched it off around 2am. But I ended up sleeping in Avery's room with her. She was up from 2 on and slept in our bed for awhile until I couldn't take her kicking me in the side anymore. So we moved into her crib and I stayed in there with her till the morning sun woke us but the in and out of sleep pattern was horrible. it was somthing like this : http://www.cnn.com/US/9905/14/baby.well.03/#r
I had the worst dream that Avery had fallen down into a well and was trapped there for several days. I could look down and see her 50ft. Below but there was slow help in rescuing her. In my dream, jamie didn't want to call for emergency help but insisted on doing it on his own but it took so long to locate the jumping horse that was required to pull her from the well. I was panicking over my little baby trying to smile and talk to her to keep her calm and comforted but time just kept passing and I could only think about how long it had been for her to eat, have a clean diaper, and days were ticking by....It was the worst feeling. During the three days of trying to locate something to pull her from the well, I was attacked by a giant possum. It was drunk or rabid or something but this 40lb rodent was chasing me around the house that we were trying to save Avery from in the back yard....(which happened to be two doors down from jamie's parents home.) lets just say, I don't mind rescuing other babies in my dreams but when it my own personal child that is in danger....omg, the stress goes up a hundred times worse. I never want to have that happen again. I woke up from my dream and just clutched Avery to my heart...In my dream, she was still laying at the bottom of this dried up old well and it felt so good to be able to touch her and know that it was just a dream. It's going to be nuts when Avery has bad dreams and I'm going to have to comfort her. I love my daughter so much.

we went to see her Dr. Today. Poor girl had to get 4 different vaccinations and now is miserable with a temperature (slightly wheezy too) and I'm getting concerned. I need to read the info they sent me home with to see if she's not doing well.
her weight is 14lbs 8oz, length 23 1/2", and head circ. 15 1/2" she's doing good and not one comment about her being too big,,,, just alot of praise on how alert and engaging she is. That's my girl! Avery can be so delightful and entertaining, she knows how to put on a show. I just feel horrible she had shots (I cried) and is under the weather.
I really need to tend to her, so I'll post later

thanks for all the support in regards to the chilli woman, its nice to hear I'm not crazy

5 Comments:

Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 04, 2005 1:09 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

i just want to tell you that if a person tells you again that your baby has chubby legs, it's not a knock down on your baby. babies are SUPPOSE to be chubby! and get some infant tylenol (not children's tylenol) and consult your dr. for the dosage but i'm postivie it's .04 or 1/2 dropper. she can have. but talk to your dr. first because every baby is different. that should sooth her pain/discomfort. (i'm a nanny/child care worker...8 years strong...i know about shots, babies, etc, just so you know i'm not talking out of my butt :) )

November 04, 2005 2:44 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

As long as she's getting breastfed, she is the perfect size.

Fuck that chili bitch. I will cut her.

Take care, darling.

November 04, 2005 6:02 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Wow... 2 months... time flies when you're having fun, even if you're up at all hours of the nite with your sweet baby girl.

M~

November 05, 2005 7:38 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

Avery'll be right in a few days, though if she's anything like mine, she'll have gone backwards in her sleep development. It's temporary though. I hope!

November 08, 2005 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home