Sunday, October 09, 2005


did I say in my last post that Avery needed to get dressed so she could poop in it and get redressed.....?
well I must have been calling the future because that's exactly how leaving the house to visit over at memas went yesterday. Avery had to just have one more 'accident' before walking out the door.
her attitude while visiting jamies dad's family was not so hot either. She insisted on nursing 3 times in 5hour period and screaming bloody murder between times. I don't know if she felt me being uncomfortable or if she was uncomfortable herself in a new home....But all she did during our visit was wail her little head off.
I even got emotional and freaked out a bit when Avery got taken back by mema to some rocking chair and I didn't know we're they had gone. I just know that my poor baby didn't know these people and really I don't either even if they are jamie's blood

I did realize though that I take things a bit too serious sometimes and that the only reason I feel uncomfortable around jamie's dad's side of the family is because they are just a bunch of weirdo's themselves with more insecurity then I have
His step mom kept coming up and saying how happy she was that jamie and I were going to get married and how proud she was of that. It was fun getting to talk about premarital counseling and crap.....why is it that that's all people talk to us about in regards to our future? I admit, going for a catchup on some relationship therapy is probably a good idea but it's starting to make me think that people underestimate jamie's and my 'work through it' capabilities
he's always done what ever it takes to get things back in line with me (even if it takes him abit longer than it does me) but we typically are on good ground together. It's temperamental at times but never any aftershocks. I really am very pleased that God brought jamie into my life. He's made a great friend and I love him dearly.
now that we have a baby, it's changed. I love my daughter more than life itself and I thought the love I felt before her birth was beyond anything greater. And now my feelings about JAmie are new. He's the father of my daughter that I love more then life itself and through my love for Avery, I feel something plain and steady with jamie. That he's in this as deep as I am and that now we have created a family......Romance is something different, maybe even a bit richer. It's not all fluffly adoration and warm feelings like when we were a couple but now it's loving through our exhaustion and helping each other out
it's beautiful being new parents, and making our family with each other

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

That was beautiful robyn that love should only grow with her as well if you do not want counseling screw them

October 09, 2005 2:54 PM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

there's something about having a child that matures the relationship onto a new level.

October 09, 2005 8:58 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

:) I am glad that you see it too.

October 10, 2005 5:45 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Some people never find the love that y'all have... you are very blessed.

M~

October 10, 2005 6:24 AM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

i'm smiling so big right now for the first time today, robyn. i'm so glad to know that you have such a wonderful person in your life! it's a comfort to know that there is someone there for you through all the b.s. that life has to offer and then bringing a new life into this world together... well i don't think i'll fully understand that feeling until january but the little taste of what i do have of it now is enviggorating!

you are very blessed, lady :o)

October 10, 2005 9:41 AM  
Blogger trisha said...

that is awesome....you know what is best and what will work for you guys, not anyone else.

October 10, 2005 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home