Thursday, October 06, 2005

AVERY LET GO or THE 5 POUND DIAPER



BEFORE AND AFTER....


She finally pooped and I feel so much relief.....(I'm becoming anal retentive)
I got the first load on me and I felt like I had been initiated into the style of motherhood
I had poop in my lap and on my shirt and leak spots on my breast.....I felt glamorous I actually smiled at my reflection in the mirror
well, maybe I was just so happy that Avery had finally had a stool. It had been 5 awful days of her crying and getting upset everytime she farted. And I was so miserable because it was interfering with her nursing and she kept coming off to cry
but now she has pooped, feeding time might go a bit easier now with her being a bit more comfortable . Can you tell I'm excited
poor little baby girl had orange paste stuck all around her butt and between her legs...It was so nasty that we changed her in the bathtub incase we wanted to make it a bath too
got her clean and diapered again and Avery was like a new little person, I feel like we're missing out on alot of fun time getting to know our precious angel because she's been so miserable and not feeling like herself but now she's pooped!
I was sitting on the floor with her afterward and suddenly I smelt popcorn, It was so curious to be smelling, I couldn't figure what it was until I lifted Averys blanket and saw a second load only minutes behind the first
back into the bathtub (we had it padded with towels and stuff) and this time Daddy did the chores.........It was so weird because it was the same type of oragne paste only this time it smelt like popcorn

8 Comments:

Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

Wow, thanks! I feel like I really know Avery now. Orange pasty poo. Good times! LOL

October 06, 2005 8:57 PM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

smelled like popcorn....that's a new one on me :) glad she feels better.

October 07, 2005 3:51 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Gawd, everyone is talking about poop or vomit this morning! lol...

Hey ~ those eyes? Wow.... BEAUTIFUL BABY BLUES!

M~

October 07, 2005 6:01 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

popcorn wow! well be happy it did not smell like the anything else my kids stick so bad sometimes even i gag! glad she feels better

hey that is grody jo-dee we miss her!

October 07, 2005 7:29 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

*giggle*
I would use a glycerin suppository whenever my Bird couldn't poopie. Supposed to be completely not harmful. I just couldn't stand to see her uncomfortable.

October 07, 2005 2:29 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

When I was camping when Denali was little (he would only poop every three days) I was like "who's cooking burgers? it smells really good!" and everyone said "I don't smell anything". It turned out to be Denali's poop. It smelled like burgers cooking.

October 07, 2005 4:55 PM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

man that's the laugh i needed all day. i have my own poop story but i'm not even gonna go into it. i am glad that avery finally pooped though, super yay!

i have ultrasound pics but i'm too effing tired (been up since 3:30am to make it to the dr appointments) so i'll have to wait until tomorrow or something.

October 07, 2005 8:54 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

feeding her home made mama milk!
we tried giving her formula but I think thats what stopped her up. only reason we did was to give me a break at nights so I wouldnt have to be up every two hours.

funny thing about the popcorn smell....we changed her in the bathroom and tossed the dirty in the trash next to the toilet. it's been two days and Jamie always comments about how good the bathroom smell. wonder if he's using that as an excuse not to take the trash out or something.
to be honest, the popcorn smell has subsided and now it smells like cookies
I love my daughter!

October 08, 2005 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home