Wednesday, September 21, 2005

her stump fell off


Its a huge day for me, Avery juliette turned 3 weeks old and my daughter got her belly button today! after i made the earlier post I went into the bedroom where jamie is napping with Avery(because she starred screaming and I was afraid that he had allowed her to drop off the side of the bed, which wasnt the case) She was screaming simply because she was awake and rotten to be laying there with no attention or boob in her little mouth. Anyway, I got her up and prepped a tit just to see her newly revealed little belly button. her stump had fallen off during the nap and jamie was laying on top of it in the bed (gross) but grosser yet, I'm saving it! do you think it's something to scrapbook?

I know I wrote that babies make life sweet and peaceful and a couple of you were dumbfounded that I could write that. allow me to clarify.... my daughter brings a sense of peace to my heart because of the imense love I have for her. I'm not trying to make it sound like she's a piece of cake to deal with but the emotions and desire to do the very best for her carry over whatever frustrations are left outside of my beautiful family. I believe the picture is proof enough of what type of attitude this little angel has. (she gets it from her daddy- boy do they both have tempers!)

6 Comments:

Blogger MommyTaco said...

for some reason hubby didn't know that babies come home with their cord still and that you have to wait for it to fall off... he wants to know if you'd keep the skin from a circumsision too if you ever have a boy? i think it's a bit weird but i also think it's weird for my grandma to still have the foot or more length of hair that my mom had cut off in her early 20s before she moved to england.

September 21, 2005 6:59 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

patty~ dont think the skin from a circumsision is quite the same thing. and really dont know if I would want to save something especially if I'm going to put my son through the torture of having it nipped. I figure if you want to save something like that, then you should just allow it to remain on your baby. it would be cruel in my eyes to save it and then show it to your son when he's grown and say, 'see how much we loved you'....do you know if you are having a little boy? thankfully having a daughter I didnt have to make the decision about circumsision
and the umbilical cord gets cut at delivery (because I had a c-section, jamie didnt get to cut it, the doctor did) but there is a tiny little 'button' of scab that ends up coming home and falling off a couple of weeks later. biggest thing to know is that you are not supose to get the stump wet while bathing the baby. only swab around the stump untill it's healed.

September 21, 2005 7:17 PM  
Blogger syed syahrul zarizi b syed abdullah said...

cute baby

September 21, 2005 7:54 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

When Mackenzie was an infant my friend who was expecting her second brought he three year old over to see what a newborn looks like. I took off the diaper to show her the scabby cord and instead found a perfect little belly button. I was really surprised how perfect it looked right off. And then I THREW IT AWAY. But I must say that I felt a bit sad throwing out the last piece of evidence that she was once intimately connected to my body. I understand keeping it.

September 22, 2005 8:20 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I always kept my casts, my tonsils, my wisdom teeth... I'll probably keep a stump too. Now you get to give her a real bath without worry.

September 22, 2005 9:15 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Karen, you totally win the grossest collection contest!

September 22, 2005 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home