Sunday, September 18, 2005

got an upgrade from promise ring to engagement













And I talked with him about how this November is just to close and I'm still needing adjustment time to our new life so he says how about December then?
I am more excited and actually feel like this marriage will happen now. before it was always some distant far off thing to get around to doing but now it's on our agenda to start planning and putting together. it actually feels real. wearing that promise ring for three years just got a little long and I suppose I might have felt that the whole marriage thing was really a joke but now I got the rock on my finger, not just some pearls and my life is feeling a bit more upbeat and sparkly


funny thing about my engagment ring....it was sold by the girlfriend that introduced jamie and me to each other four years ago. we stopped talking to her about two years back because of stupid/flaky reasons (her loser boyfriendwho was really gay) and we had no intentions of regaining that friendship but then she's working at the jewelry counter at the very store jamie and I wandered into yesturday. It was the second ring I saw, first one I tried on and now it's mine and Jamie is going to make me his wife..... I do think premarital counseling might be a good thing. God knows we have already done all the other type of counseling(family and angermanagment) maybe we'll get somegood stuff out of this premarital counseling even though we've been together and co-habitating for 4 years and now have suffered together through all the toughness pregnancy gives. We really have stuck together through everything life can hand someone already. whatever damage we have escaped so far, I'm pretty positive that Jamie and i are strong enough and determined to get through as well. life really isnt an easy thing on your own and sometimes it's better with a partner, sometimes is more difficult. for somereason jamie is special and I guess we've chosen to do this life journey together.

8 Comments:

Blogger MommyTaco said...

yay!!! winter weddings are soooo cool! let me know if you need any help planning or anything, doll

September 18, 2005 11:28 AM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

Congratulations! What a pretty ring! Good for him. He one upped the promise ring and went for the engagement ring. That's the first step to training him.

September 18, 2005 12:18 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

congratulations.
premarital counseling is a good thing. take care!

September 18, 2005 2:27 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I will be by shortly to peruse your shoes. Congratulations. And way to be, Batman!

September 18, 2005 2:49 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Ohhhhh LOOK AT YOUUUUUU!!!!

Dang, I was so bummed to read about the promise ring, but then I saw the pics of the engagement ring! BEAAAAUUUUUTIFULLLL!

Gawd, I have tears in my eyes! Congrats to the both of you!

M~

September 18, 2005 8:09 PM  
Blogger trisha said...

congrats to you both- that is awesome! beautiful ring!

September 19, 2005 3:16 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

Isn't it funny how the world brings us around in a big fat circle? Congratulations, it is a beautiful ring!

September 19, 2005 8:49 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

So I guess it is definite that he does not want to marry me?

Well congrats. I do think he would be happier with you.

September 30, 2005 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home