Thursday, September 08, 2005

my mistake with jamie


You guys are right about needing to take time for jamie and me. Having this baby and being overwhelmed with the new chores and tasks of taking care of Avery's needs probably has made it difficult to share an adult relationship with him. I guess I needed to be reminded that I need to stay close with Jamie. I really wasn't feeling connected with him.
and after I read some of your comments I realized my mistake. Immediately my perspective changed and showing some love and caring towards him made me feel a little more normal. It's just so different now with a little baby that I feel all my attention has to go towards nurturing her, I guess maybe I had pushed jamie to the side without realizing it. It feels so much better being able to have him with me as opposed to having him around if you understand what I'm saying.
Jamie really is a special man and I love him with all of my heart. I don't know what I would have done without him during this pregnancy. It's been very difficult but he deserves so much credit for tolerating all the ups and downs of my emotions and just overall struggle of this pregnancy. He's been amazingly strong and I probably don't give him the praise that he deserves. Sometimes it's difficult for me to see the things he does because I'm such a perfectionist and criticize how he could be so much better but the underlying quality I can appreciate the most from him is that he has never given up or turned his back on our 'team'
that alone is a precious characteristic that deserves recognition, So Jamie, if you're sneaking a read today, I just want to say how much I really do love and care for you. you have made my world golden and I thank you for sticking by my side and being the best teammate, better then I could ever think a person is capable of doing. You are an amazing man and I want to work on maintaining our special love for each other. You are my friend and I want you to know that I would do anything in the world for you. Thanks for everything that you do; your dedication to our lives, the encouragement that you give me, the laughter and fun that we have spending together,,,I want that forever.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

well seems like you are coming back to normal. he is a wonderful man and you guys now have so many more new goals to look forward to and new accomplishments as parents. have fun and i am glad things are better

September 08, 2005 7:20 AM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

any man that nearly kills himself working two jobs to support you and avery surely loves you :) you two (well three) will be just fine.

September 08, 2005 8:02 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

:)
I'm glad you are feeling more normal today!

September 08, 2005 8:57 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

*awwwww* that is just so sweet...

It's just going to take some time to adjust. Hang in there!

M~

September 08, 2005 11:04 AM  
Blogger trisha said...

so glad to hear things are getting better- it will take a while for you three to get into the swing of things and before you know it the both of you will be so close to Avery it will also bring you two back into the groove of things..it will just be a little differnet with a baby in it- but worth every minute of fighting and arguing and blah, blah, blah- being good parents is a hard job and it takes two hard working people to do it- you guys can do this! all you guys have to do is look at that precious gift from God he has sent to you and believe and it can be done!

September 08, 2005 8:53 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I am glad you two were able to work it out.

September 10, 2005 1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home