Wednesday, August 31, 2005

oh, my tummy is falling

Here's a good laugh
http://www.thecryptmag.com/Online/31/WhataPain.html

Every ten minutes like clock work, I almost double over and quiver in pain. I'm trying to remind myself to relax and sometimes after the peek,,,I'm able to. This labor is really taking it's time and I'm really close to running out of nerves. Thankfully I was able to sleep last night because the contractions slowed down to about every half hour. but rightnow I need them to pick it up to every 5 minutes so the hospital can give me drugs....yes, I'm so over my fear of needles. It's amazing what INTENSE F*%$ing pain can make a person do.
the back of my throat is soar from doing all the breathing and blowing....I mean Ive been doing this stuff for over 43 hours now.
Thankfully I've got a doctors visit tomorrow afternoon (if I havent delivered by then) CAn you believe his office called me on Monday to push back my Wednesday appointment to Thursday?!
Dont they realize that I'm over due and really need to be watched? guess I did turn down Two different inductions so they figure I'm just happy as can be all on my own.

It hurts so bad and I totally can see why they would give laboring women somthing to take the edge off....I'm creeping towards that edge every ten minutes.
I've really been praying for peace and that helps, it's so difficult to keep going like this and not get anywhere. Well, I shouldnt say that we're getting no where...my tummy is moving south. I've been wearing loose fitting gym shorts and about an hour ago I had to whip my panties out from underneeth...the panty line around the waistband was too much. I guess Avery's little body is moving down towards the light....I felt a small kick earlier this afternoon and it made me sad to think that it might actually be one of the last that I feel... That shouldnt upset me because here shortly I'm going to get to feel every little piece of her as soon as she is able to squeeze through this mouse hole.
Just for your entertainment,,I've had to stop twice since typing this and focus on my aching middle. I though about trying to write while it happened, maybe even describe it but my fingers were not able to keep order with the keys.
well, enough about my laboring. I'm really praying that it
A) picks up with these contractions and I finish this quickly like ,say by tomorrow 5am
B) it stops all together and I see my OBGYN and he offers another induction and I deliver in under 6 hours.
C) not another one!!! it hurts

6 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

Awww! Baby girl.... hang in there, honey. I can't imagine what you are feeling. Hope it all goes smoothly tomorrow & you have a beautiful baby girl!

M~

August 31, 2005 7:55 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

If it helps any, I wants squinting and tensed up the whole time I read your post. I think I was trying to help you out a little. Wish I could.
Keep up the good work, Hoss!

August 31, 2005 8:30 PM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

i think you maybe should go to the hospital you do not want to wait to long you might not make it there in time you need to be monitored and so does the baby. especially the baby. they need to monitor her heart beat during contractions so many things could happen with her cord at this crucial time please go to the hospital to be supervised. they will give you drugs now just not the epi until 4 cm and you very well are probably there. I am worried and praying for you can not wait to hear about her delivery

August 31, 2005 10:03 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I actually noticed a tear form. I always cry when I see babies born on TV, no matter what. Prayers of joy are lifted up for you and Jamie and the new princess Avery!

August 31, 2005 11:05 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

See I told you that you would be BEGGING for a needle :-) Pain is much more effective in overcoming your fear than anything I could have taught you :-)

Congratulations and by the time you read this you will be holding your sweet beautiful little girl. Enjoy it!

September 01, 2005 12:24 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

I can so sympathise...and I happened to have a midwife who engineered things so that I wouldn't get any drugs!

September 04, 2005 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home