Wednesday, August 24, 2005

How much longer


Officially yesterday August 23 was my due date.....I have also been given Aug. 18 as another date due to my last menstrual cycle and the doctor said I had Aug. 22 also show up on a sonogram for the estimated time of arrival for this baby. All of those dates have passed and I'm regretting that I didn't sign up to get induced. I feel very left behind.
I know this is a good opportunity for me to work on my patience however every hour that goes by, every day that passes , I start getting more irritated that I'm still pregnant. I want this show on the road already.

I know first time babies take a bit longer just because my body hasn't gone through this before but I wonder if maybe I should have had the induction....Everything in this pregnancy has worked out smoothly so why should I fear that maybe inducing labor could be horrible and cause things to mess up?
I'm so very tired of being tired. I don't sleep anymore so all of you people telling me to catch up on my ZZZZ's and capture all the rest I can before labor are like a squeaky wheel; it gets really old and redundant.....I'm exhausting myself by remaining in this pregnant state. Seriously, everyday that goes by drains me even further....There is no resting up. I'm bored to death of doing nothing and keeping off of my feet. I feel like this process has got to be over.
If I had gone with the induction, I would be a mother by now and life would be moving forward. Right now I'm on hold, waiting for this baby to come.
trying to feel if I'm getting any contractions, gets really old. Think I'm going to go up to Blockbuster and find some film....Amy, you recommended a scary movie to help get things underway. I'm not a fan of horror but the fact that it's Wednesday and the bun is still in the oven is horror enough. I'm loosing my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, and everyone calling up and asking everyday what's going on with the baby....Nothing! absolutely frickin nothing, I think she kicked the cat laying in bed earlier but other then that, the concept of exiting my body has not occured to her.
I will alert you all to any changes. i hate having it rubbed in by everyone that the baby isnt here yet,,,,,,like it's my fault or something.
yeah, I'm a bad mother already. I'm keeping my daughter locked up like a closet kid and not allowing her to see the world. What a bad mother I am!

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

i know exactly how you feel. hang in there. not too much longer.

August 24, 2005 10:18 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I really don't know how you feel, and that is the good news. Once Avery gets here you will develop a wonderful bit of amnesia that keeps you from remembering how awful it really is. I remember not being too happy, but I remember holding the baby as making it all worth it.
Boogeyman. Very jumpy movie.

August 24, 2005 10:48 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Awww...

Sending you a hug...

M~

August 24, 2005 11:17 AM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

the end of pregnancy is just a bitch, no matter how you cut it. maybe you should do something just for you....a pedicure, massage, dinner delivered, some ben and jerry's. whatever you can do to make you feel pampered before avery gets here.

August 24, 2005 11:29 AM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

Sounds like there's no need to put your feet up and rest. Get up, go walk around the mall and buy everything there is for yourself. Walk the block if it's not too hot, but it sounds like you're about where I was when mine was not here yet. Irritable, full of baby fat, sick and tired of everything and everyone. So, no more advice to you to rest... Move that kid around, and STAT!

August 24, 2005 11:35 AM  
Blogger Beezaleez said...

I heard washing your floors helps. Though, the person that told me that washed her floors 4 times a day for a week before going into labour! It could work faster for you!

Good luck with your first child!

August 24, 2005 12:45 PM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

maybe you should call your doc. and ask if you can change your mind. you need to do what you feel is best for you and your daughter. hope things happen soon. just try and hang in there we all know she is.

August 24, 2005 3:07 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I am so sorry for the latness, I was a week over due with my first. I hated when people called to ask,"well do we have a baby yet"? UUUMMM NO WE don't and neither do I.

August 27, 2005 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home