Monday, August 29, 2005

I've been Tagged once again

Tummy pic's just dont reveal enough about a person anymore so now Ive been asked by my friend Niesha http://threeplusoneequalsfour.blogspot.com/ to reveal my 5 most favorite songs of the moment. Trouble is I really dont have bunch of music that i'm listening too right now so this list I'm going to have to dig around and find stuff. guess she realized I really needed a break and there's nothing like music to create a distraction.


top 5 most enjoyable tunes today are:

1. Brain Damage by Eminem
~love the lyrics because every one use to think I was on drugs just because of how nutty I was as a teenager. (i wasn't nutty, just a bit different and super creative for the record) nor was I actually on drugs,,,that came later :)


2. Got to give it up by Marvin Gaye
~best dancing song! Jamie and I have gotten silly at the club to this many times.

3. The 59th street bridge (feeling Groovy) by Simon & Garfunkel
slow down, you move to fast
you got to make the morning last
just kicking down the cobble stone, looking for fun and feeling groovy
badada-da-da- feeling groovy

Hello lamppost, what'cha knowing
I've come to watch your flowers growing
aint'cha got no rhymes for me
dootta-do-do- feeling groovy

I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep
I'm dappeled and drowsy and ready to sleep
let the morning time drop all it's petals on me
Life I love you, always groovy

4. Got some teeth by Obie Trice
~once again just another silly song about hooking up at the club and discovering the next morning that your partner isnt so pretty (hope she got some teeth)


5. Keep your head up- tribute to Tupak- Rap phenomenon II
I hope you got your head up,,,even though the road is hard,,,never gave up,,,baby dont cry
I hope you got your head up,,,,even though the road is hard never gave up

Now heres a story about a woman with dreams
a picture perfect at thirteen an ebony queen
beneath the surface it was not just a crooked smile
everybody knew about her secret so it took awhile

I could see a tear fall slow down her black cheek
checkin quiet tears in the back seat
so when she asked me what would you do if it was you
couldnt answer such a horrible pain to live through

I tried to change places in the tragedy
I couldnt picture three crazed niggers grabbing me
For just a moment I was trapped in the pain, "Lord come and take me, for niggers violated, they chased and they raped me"

Even though it wasnt me
I could feel a brief thinking, "....with my brains blown out, that would make the pain go"
No, you gotta find a way to survive
cause they win when your soul dies ,,,baby please dont cry

gotta keep your head up,,, even when the road is hard,,,, never give up,,,, baby dont cry
you got to keep your head up,,, even when the road is hard,,, never give up

well, that's all for the list. wish I was able to post the last song for you all to hear. It really is a beautiful song, a rap set to full orchestra...it's so pretty and the lyrics always make me burn more of my pain off.
If anyone wants tagged to do this, just yell 'pollo' to my 'marco'

oh, and check out http://presidentin.blogspot.com/ evidentally our president has been tagged too.

MARCO.....

1 Comments:

Blogger sqwerrl said...

i gotta totally agree on both tha songs.gotta give it up....classic dance party track. and the tupac is justa deep song of truth.....superb choices girlfriend.

August 31, 2005 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home