Tuesday, September 06, 2005

First moment i will always have in my heart


The most beautiful and life changing thing has just happened to me this week. I successfully brought my baby Avery into the world. Words can not describe how I feel about my daughter, It's just the most pure and unbreakable love I have ever felt for anyone. I'm so proud her.it almost doesn't seem possible that a creature this absolutely perfect and amazing could come from me. So I believe that she really is a gift from God. Nothing this tremendously good could have been from anywhere else.
I really don't have a lot of energy right now, but since I just finished feeding her I really needed to take a moment to tell you that I 'm finally home. I ended up having to have a C section ( my mother has her own opinions of how things should have gone,) I just wanted to be a good patient and allow my Doctor to advise me as to what was best. Some of the criticisms she gave the hospital and my Doc about my admittance to surgery were not accurate...I will tell you more about how things were later.

Yes, I was shocked and really didn't want to get sliced, however it's very important to weigh things out and I was willing submit myself to doctors orders because he's my healthcare provider, I really didn't have much choice about getting a second opinion at that point and I had been in labor for over 2 days and was only dilated 1 1/2 cent. It was causing stress for not just me but also the baby....So I buckled down and faced my fears and I'm gladd I did. Wish mom had been more supportive telling me that things would be ok instead of her shaking her head like I was doing something wrong.....
Anyway...The C section was definitely the 'faster' way to take a baby from the womb (and I never had to push) :) But it does leave you in a lot more pain and longer recoverytime then vaginal birth. I ended up with the worst pain from gas being trapped in my abdominals from being opened up and then stapled shut. I'm still trying to work through it but between the gas pain and the stiches , I also had an infection and my doc had to keep me on antibiotic till my fever dropped so I was stuck at the hospital from Thursday - Monday( it really wasn't so bad having everyone come check on me, clean me, feed me, walk me to the bathroom, and bring me more jello or icecream) not to mention anytime I needed a break,,,the nursery staff would come and pick Avery up and babysit for however long I need to keep an eye on her for.
don't get me wrong, there was plenty about being stuck in a hospital for that long that drove me crazy plenty of times.....I really think the fever I had developed was cabin fever (hehehe, I'm so funny ) But I finally got home yesterday around 1 and I'm still figuring what really happened to me since last time I posted ....There's just so much to tell you about. Ihope you don't mind if I stop here and save a couple other post to tell you more about the past 5 days of my life,,,I just wanted to say hello, I'm so happy right now but the fatigue is a lot to cope with so I'm taking it easy.

I will be around to see how everyone else is doing in awhile, it might take a couple of days and I guess i' m going to have to change my profile picture but that will have to be sometime later

13 Comments:

Blogger Angel! said...

Congratulations. It's good to hear from you.

Cherish every moment you have with Avery. Sooner than you'd like to, she'll be asking for your car key!!

September 06, 2005 7:10 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

You conveyed your feelings beautifully. I am so happy you all pulled through so well and I am eager to hear more in the days and weeks to come. Way to go!

September 06, 2005 7:21 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Oh sweetie, I am so utterly thrilled for you! Congratulations to y'all & best wishes. I'm glad all went relatively ok & you are healing well.

Girlie ~ it's so good to see you back online. Take your time, we'll be here!

Lots of love,
M~

September 06, 2005 7:49 AM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

glad to hear you're home and doing well. we SO excuse the fatigue! enjoy these first days of being a mom. :)

September 06, 2005 9:10 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

congrats robyn.
you are so right it is unbelievable how much love you can have for something so small you are going to be awsome parents looking foward to hearing more about your experience

September 06, 2005 9:18 AM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

Robyn,
Congratulations on your new princess. I know how nice it is to bond with the new baby, it's so sweet. Your words were well placed. Take care of yourself so you can take care of Avery.

September 06, 2005 9:51 AM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

yay robyn!!! we love ya girlie!

September 06, 2005 10:04 AM  
Blogger Hippie girl said...

Hello Mommy!! Good to hear from you! I'm so happy for you. Can't wait to hear more about Avery. Does she look loke you? I bet she's the most beautifull little girl alive. Hugs and kisses

September 06, 2005 10:11 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm glad she's here! Take care of yourself and remember that Avery is only going to be this tiny for a little while! Give her lots of hugs and kisses.

September 06, 2005 11:13 AM  
Blogger trisha said...

WELCOME HOME TO THE BOTH OF YOU! That pic is the greatest. A forever moment in your life right there in that picture. So happy to hear everything went alright, and sometimes people just have to have c-sections, ya know- who knew you wouldn't dilate...and after days of labor, the Doc was right about doing it. For you and baby's sake. Anxious to see more pics of baby girl!

September 06, 2005 12:50 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

It's so great to read all the congratulations wishes and encouragement from your friends. You will be a GREAT mom! I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the hospital. I wrote back to your comment on my blog.

September 06, 2005 2:15 PM  
Blogger keesh said...

Aw, how adorable. Congrats to you and your new family. Being tired, or should i say exhausted ;), is all part of the first while of being home so you are so totally excused. enjoy her, the baby time goes so fast!

September 06, 2005 3:09 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Welcome home.

September 07, 2005 5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home