Friday, September 09, 2005

learning from my 1 week old


I woke up this morning terrified because I had slept until 8 am and the last thing I remembered was checking one last time on Avery in her crib in her nursery and praying that she would be safe through the night and that sids (sudden infant death sydrome) wouldn't be lurking in the dark...Well, It was 8am and in a panic, I ran to her room because 6 hours had been slept through and I just knew something horrible had happened....*crazy panic of a new mother* Avery was absolutely fine,,, she had knocked over her baby monitor so I don't know if she had cried during the night and I just didn't hear her but when I anxiously leaned into her crib to check her breathing she was slumbering away. In fact I had a groggy little baby and had to work to wake and feed her. Her poopy diaper from during the night was dried onto her butt and I had to scrub pretty vigorously to get it all off. I just couldn't believe that she's sleeping through the whole night. We did kinda have a big day yesterday and took her out to Arlington to jamie's parents home for a visit. I just cant get over what a good baby she is....I really believe it has to do with just taking the time to understand what is troubling her which at this point consist of being hungry, needing diaper changed, burped, or simply a little cuddling which is one of my favorite things to do. Just cant place any of these house hold chores above cuddling....That was one of the problems I realize after our first day home. Avery would just be fussing but didn't need/want fed of anything, she simply wanted to be held and I feel so guilty that I had been just feeding her and then setting her down so I could get stuff done around the house. Once I realize what I was doing wrong for her, she's turned into an angle.....My god, I cant believe how much I love this little girl. Words will never be able to convey how overwhelmed my heart is. She is such a real blessing... And she needs me righjt now so I'll post more soon.

9 Comments:

Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

she is beautiful

September 09, 2005 12:59 PM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

she is beautiful

September 09, 2005 12:59 PM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

awww robyn! i think i'm going to be a terrible wife with the cleaning tasks but a wonderful mom because i looooooove to cuddle!!

i'm going to take up on your tradition of posting on a daily (hopefully) basis how things are effecting me mentally and pysically through these next four months. oh my god, four months!!! i'm sure you know too well how fast it goes by but holy cow!!!

September 09, 2005 1:41 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

one time I put the monitor on with just the battery over night. I wole up at 7 am and of course my baby was crying. I felt so horrible that I didn't know how long she had been going. but now she's 3 and *fairly* well-adjusted... :)

such a sweet girl you have!

September 09, 2005 2:04 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Wow, I would've been freaked too. I get panicky when I forget to set the alarm, so I can't imagine the feeling you felt this morning!

She's just precious!

M~

September 09, 2005 2:13 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

oh mi gosh girl! You and the angel look FANTASTIC! I have just caught up on reading your blog and let me tell you how proud I am of you and all your progress. Keep up the pictures, I'm living vicariously :-)

September 09, 2005 4:59 PM  
Blogger keesh said...

She is so adorable!! Wow, my son didn't sleep through the night until he was 8 months old. He had one night in there though that he did that and i woke up freaking out :). Isn't it so amazing how much you love her. I heard someone say in a movie "how can I love someone so much that i just met." but it is so true, instant connection!

September 09, 2005 6:27 PM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

you can do the chores anytime, but you can't ever get back moments in avery's little life. when she is older, you will be so glad you had all those cuddle moments (and have batman take some pictures of that!). when avery's 2 and running around, that cuddling will seem so sweet and innocent. :)

September 09, 2005 9:30 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

She is a doll! I want one. Where do you get them at?

September 10, 2005 1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home