Monday, September 12, 2005

Rory and Avery



uncle Rory with his niece Avery. he looks a little akward with her but I think in due time she will learn to behave a bit better for him. she had had a big day, it was her first trip to church were she got introduced to the congregation and I got introduced to the secret society of nursing moms in the crying room,,,,there were all these moms that I never knew went to our church because they all stay hidden in the Cry room wich is a private room for fussy babies that allows the mothers to tend to the child while still listening to the sermon. however I was suprised with how much yapping went on between mothers in there that I really didnt get much from the service. by the time Avery was done nursing, the pastor was giving the closing prayer and it was time to leave

7 Comments:

Blogger mrs. awesome said...

the nursing room tends to be really noisy. i've been to churches where the sound was just piped in, and ones where there is a tv monitor. i think there's just so much commonality that people can't resist the urge to socialize. i always found that i could hear better if i went in the lobby and held g. and listened to the sermon. i would just leave the nursing room when i was done with the nursing. fun stuff, eh maynard? :)

September 12, 2005 2:58 PM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

where what the crying baby room for DADS? there never is anything fun like that for those losers! are we the only ones that can tend to a crying baby? bitter? what? me? no way! lol

September 12, 2005 4:23 PM  
Blogger keesh said...

That is nice they have a private room for you. I bet the people loved her at Church!! Did everyone ask to hold her? I miss having a newborn. my son is 3 and I keep telling hubby it is time for # two. we shall see.

September 12, 2005 4:56 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I am so glad you got to take her to church! Start 'em young.
I agree with the above comment. I usually went to the lobby so I could still hear the sermon and tend to the baby. The "air of commonality" is so thick in the room that you can't help but chat sometimes.

September 12, 2005 10:01 PM  
Blogger melissa said...

Oh, my - you're out and about already. I feel like such a slacker.

September 13, 2005 5:19 PM  
Blogger Angel! said...

Ok....... I hope that this one won't sound rude (because it's not, AT ALL):

Avery Juliette is really-really sweet but you Robyn, though no one said it (or not that many as I can recall), you look HOT!! You looked great while pregnant and look at you now, fuck... You are a really gorgeous woman Robyn.

I'm glad to hear that you are really happy with your "new life".

September 13, 2005 7:23 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

Thank you everyone for your comments, sorry I;ve not been able to type with a baby in tow but know that I'm doing my best at keeping up my reading and not missing out on your lives.

September 15, 2005 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home