Sunday, September 18, 2005

papa Joe and Gram B's 60th Wedding aniversary is this Wednesday

My parents are on there way back to Florida. My mothers father( my papa joe) is in intensive care and needs to be put on a resperator. only problem is that his living will says not to be put on any machines to keep him alive so they are doing this for a couple of days as a trial in hopes that he gets better. my mother is very upset and my father is a complete wreck.
They stopped by here for a quick visit to see Avery before they hit the road down past Tampa. My father just stood in the door way weeping and hugging me saying how much he loved Avery and me and even Jamie. I've never known my dad to be like this, or at least to seem so emotional and broken. his eyes looked like he had been socked by mom a couple of times and I wanted to ask because she has gotten to be physical with my dad in the past but with his tears I realized that he was just absolutely exhausted.
They spent my first week in the hospital with Avery's birth and then rushed to London stopping on the way in Florida to check in on Gram B and papa Joe (moms parents) because they were not doing well. my parents were picked up at the airport by Jamie on Firday and then they went to spend the weekend at Romans school SFA and returned this afternoon but got the call about my papa joe and are driving back out to Florida for who knows how long.
I wanted to go. so Avery could see her greatgrandfather and vice versa but my mother said it was going to be awfully difficult. I dont know how to feel. I wish this wasnt happening. I wish my parents werent so broken.
My dad kept trying to talk about the wedding and how it needs to be absolutly perfect with tuxedoes and huge guest list.....there has been too much stuff that has happened to my family this year. If the people we were this time last year could see us today, they would be shocked. It's amazing that we are all still here.
I have one very tough yet very wonderful Family. sometimes it feels like my Dad is Job from the Bible.

5 Comments:

Blogger MommyTaco said...

your dad's a wonderful man and is strong, i know he'll pull through this tough time okay - and your mom too. and you also. :oP

is it in his will not to be put on any machines period or is it the 'don't take any extra measures to keep him alive' like if he's in an irreversable coma or something? worth looking into... i've got one of those written up for me and i sometimes second think about it because i know how much i would want to fight to keep my husband alive if something happened to him, i can't imagine what it'd be like for him if the table was turned.

September 18, 2005 7:49 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Your daddy is wonderful.... you are blessed by having such wonderful men in your life.

M~

September 18, 2005 8:11 PM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

what a good dad Robyn! i know it's hard to watch them leave without you to take care of her mom and dad, but you've got your own new little family there to take care of. i'll say a prayer for ya'll! i hope things start looking up soon. i know how excited you must be for the wedding! lots to plan...

September 19, 2005 4:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

A BIG wedding? Wow. I'm totally gonna need shoes!

September 19, 2005 6:22 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

oh girlie you sound like you need a big hug. I understand how difficult it is for you, feeling left out but I know that your dad and mom will be only more worried if you were to go along. You need to take care of the home front for them, that is the best way that you can help out. I am sure that your Dad appreciates your support and will let you be there for him in time, he probably just needs to come to terms with it on his own and more importantly he needs some sleep! I wish you the best of luck in accepting and growing during this difficult time, and I am always here if you need a someone to chat to.

September 19, 2005 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home