Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Questions to ask my doc


tomorrow I go to see my OBGYN and there are always a bunch of question I forget to ask or things I need to tell him so tonight I'm going to write them out in hopes of remembering. (it's just difficult talking with a man while he's down between your legs poking you in unpleasant manner) you just want to leave because he's not making the baby come out.

1. Is it OK that I'm not feeling braxston Hicks contractions anymore? I havent since childbirthing class ended a month ago and those didn't hurt at all. Just felt like my tummy got hard.

2. Why does the top of my stomach KILL me in the morning? It hurts so bad that I lay in bed for an hour sometimes two before I have the strength to pull myself upright and get to my feet. Once I'm on my feet and moving around, the pain subsides.....Am I sleeping through braxton hick and the waking makes it go away?

3. My poop has changed colors. It use to be black from the Iron but now it's turned normal brown but looks almost orange to me it's been so long since I saw normal colored poop. Does this mean I'm close and my progesterone levels are dropping?

4. Can he put somewhere in my chart that I shouldn't have any needles stuck in me during my stay at the hospital unless I'm dying? And that the needles must be the smallest size possible?

5. When can we schedule an induction?

6. I keep forgetting to tell him that my last menstrual cycle was actually 5 days earlier then when I told him last winter. It was on the 11th not the 16th of November......So does that mean my due date is really tomorrow instead of on next Tuesday?
(to figure ones due date, You take the start of the last menses and subtract 3 months and add 1 week.....That creates the time frame for gestation of a human baby.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

Very good questions, gal! Now remember to bring them with you when you see him! lol... that's what I would do. I'd write them down & then forget to bring them with me... lol.

M~

August 17, 2005 6:27 AM  
Blogger aughra said...

Let me just tell you that I got an induction, and it was the worst thing I ever did. If you'd like to know more, please email me. I know it's your first and you're anxious for her to come out, but don't get induced, please.

August 17, 2005 7:11 AM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

ooohh.. i agree. don't get induced unless you have to! it's a long hard crappy thing. but i hope he can answer all your other concerns. :)

August 17, 2005 9:22 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Not to pee on anyone's parade, but I was induced at 7:30 am and had Ian at 12:29 pm. It was so easy I laughed when they told me it was time to push because I thought they were kidding. You may be out of luck with the needle for the IV. Just know that they don't leave an actual needle in your arm, just a slim plastic tube that bends with you. They like to have it in just in case you need a c-section.

August 17, 2005 11:48 AM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

As far as the needles go, the bigger the better! That way they can get you more pain medicine, quicker!!!

August 18, 2005 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home