Sunday, August 14, 2005

Plum Tuckered


Yesterday was the most exhausting day. It started at 7am when jamie got home, we had to go over to his grandmother (dad's mom) and had a quick breakfast and baby shower gift from her. She had a cute baby picture of jamie with a little butterfly craft on a rope he made put together in a lovely frame. Iment to take it to the baby shower in the after noon to share with everyone else but had a difficult time getting out the door. After visiting with grandma B we came back home and jamie had to crash. He wanted me to get him up at noon but it was 2:15 before he crawled out of bed (baby shower started at 2) needless to say our guest had to wait an hour for us. I was so nervous because my parents were over at jamies' and I had received a call from my sisters boyfriend asking where we were because dad and mom were angry that they had to drive themselves , evidently he was late to pick them up so Mom took off with dad and neither of them is suppose to be driving while their arms are still in slings from their surgery. I was so scared that my parents were throwing a fit and things were falling to pieces,,,,,I almost left for the shower and figured jamie could find his own way there,,,,,
When we finally got there, I was so happily surprised that eveyone was getting along and seemed to be enjoying talking. They were probably relieved that the pregnant woman finally showed up and they could begin the baby shower...Anyway, Jamie's Dad and my Dad seemed to hit it off and I saw them conversing quite a bit. It was really sweet.
I'm sorry I don't have any pictures today, we didn't take our camera but I was photographed like 15 bajillion times yesterday, so there will be pictures at some time.
After everyone ate the little finger sandwiches and punch (which I really liked, typically I hate punch at parties but this was the yummiest!) we all tried to gather in the living room but Jamie wanted to run to the store with Ryan (the lousy guy who couldn't pick up my parents on time) I was starting to get frustrated with him making the party wait for him all over again . Jamie wouldn't say what he 'needed' at the store, so I just assumed he was trying to escape to have a cigarette or something...I was just so numb to him because he already had made me an hour late to my 'surprise' baby shower and now he wants to go and smoke!
anyway, the party gathered in the living room and talked and waited for JAmie to return, my patience had run pretty low so 20 minutes later Ryan and Jamie are pulling up in the street out side and I go and yell for them to hurry up and then Jamie walks in and has the moset beautiful dozen roses and a sweet card for me and he looks like prince charming in front of everyone......so I couldn't stay mad.
we started opening gifts around 4pm and I felt horrible because by 5:30 we had to say goodbye to Jamies dad and step mom, they had driven up from Austin and needed to be getting home. It was sweet of them to make the trip, in the four years Jamie and I have been together , we've gotten to see them maybe 3 times, and that's more then jamie's seen them since he was 12 years old. Last night jamie was telling me that his dad had told him he was proud of him. His dad is a man of little words but the words he does say have strong meaning and I know that made jamie feel good to hear him say.
Did I tell you yet that we got a lot of stuff! We didn't finish opening all the presents until close to 7 pm,,,,,,that's three hours of present opening and all the OOOOOhhing and AAAWWWHGing that goes along with admiring all the little baby bibs and burp rags. I figure there were enough gasps of 'oh, that's so cute and darling' to counter act all the dirty diapers this baby is going to fill. Which by the way our lovely Aunt Gloria hooked us up with 456 diapers and 624 baby wipes. We should be set for the first month or so. (I hear you go through about 30 in the first week)
So we survived my surprise baby shower yesterday and I'm so extremely tired today. I' have all these giant bags of stuff to put away and make sure I send out thank you cards to the right givers.....The baby nursery looks like a freaking fun house for the cats with all the boxes and gift bags with tissue paper. Last night Simone got into the nursery while I was trying to sort out and put away some of Avery's new stuff. When JAmie finally made me quit and come to bed, the cat was stalking some piece of ribbon from behind the rocking chair hidden whith all the array of bows and wrapping papers.
oh, I'm so tired, I've got to take today off and really put my feet up. yesturday was so exhausting. I was really hoping my water would break at the baby shower....Just sounded like a funny thing to have happen with all my friends and family around.....Maybe it'll happen today

8 Comments:

Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

I am so glad you got so mush stuff you will need them diapers. I had a dream that my water broke at my shower and instead it broke 6 days later(for reals and 12 weeks early at that). but I thought it would be funny if it happened also. Remember you need to wash all of Avery's stuff in baby soap before she wears it. but do not waste your money on Dreft. ALL makes a baby saop now and it is 4$ instead of 8$. good luck getting things put together. glad to hear you had a blast.

August 14, 2005 9:51 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

What a cool story Robyn. And go Batman! I'm so glad your day turned out to be so enjoyable. Thanks for sharing it with us. That's also very cool what Jamie's dad said and how much that has to mean to Jamie - hearing that warms my heart.

August 14, 2005 10:55 AM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

how fun!!!

August 14, 2005 11:54 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Oh how fun! I love baby showers. I'm glad you got a lot of stuff. Enjoy your day & relax!

M~

August 14, 2005 12:07 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I got a diaper shower from my church and counted all the diapers afterwards too. It made me smile when I saw you had done it also.

August 14, 2005 1:18 PM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

how fun is that....and it's good to see the parentals got along. that is always a stressor. i love that some people can be so practical (give diapers and wipes)--because that crap adds up when you're not used to having to buy it.

August 14, 2005 1:25 PM  
Blogger trisha said...

i am so glad too hear that you got some much neede first baby stuff. is this a baby boy or girl or do you know..... you have so many of us out here praying for you and your family... enjoy!

August 14, 2005 9:17 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It is always great to get presents! Fun!

That is neat about Jamie's Dad saying that he was proud of him. There is alot of power in a kind word said at the right time.

August 16, 2005 4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home