Friday, August 12, 2005

Parents, Party, and Positions

saw my parents this evening and it was good. Dad might be starting up a new job which really is a blessing. He hasn't been working since April when he was let go and Mom has had such a negative voice about him finding work, it's just been a strain especially on their personal relationship, mom cant stand having dad home all the time and dad really needs something to keep himself occupied....So this job thing if it works out could really be fantastic for them.

Dad was on line helping my little sister browse apartment listings in the area. At least those two realize that she's not moving in with me. She 's still having a hard time saying No....Dad wants her to get something to big and expensive (that way when things are no good at home with Mom, he's got a place to go to, isn't that wrong?) anyway, I offered to go with them tomorrow AM when she's checking them out in person and help her stand her ground with dad and give her some advice.
*******************************************************************************
Oh, tomorrow I'm so excited. I'm getting to have a surprise baby shower! I haven't had a party thrown for me since I was a kid, this is so exciting and I can hardly wait. JAmie has to work till 7am and then we're to go to his grandmother's down the street and pick up some gift from her.....She's unable to attend which really saddens me but it's going to be a lot of family there tomorrow as it is. Jamie's mom and stepdad and all of that family, plus my parents, His gay Aunt and her partner, a couple of our close friends, and then His DAd and stepmom are coming. THats such a surprise to have this much of our relatives all gathering together in one place in honor of my little unborn baby. It feels so wonderful. Bet they all are going to want to check my tummy.......
you know that's one thing that hasn't bothered me, people touching my tummy. Sometimes I feel like I want to share this with people and I'm not a physically shy person. Before I was pregnant, I didn't know how it felt to gain a round belly over the course of 9 months so Its been a neat experience for me and I just imagine that others don't know and might feel curious so I insist sometimes that my friends feel my tummy.......They always do but it's like they are shy about it. I hope I haven't made any of them uncomfortable with forcing them to touch my tummy when they really didn't want to but couldn't say no to my big bossy self. sometimes the larger you are the more intimidating you become to others. So being this swollen, I figure I scare a lot of folks.
Oh, something else I've noticed is that there must also be something youthful in being pregnant. Over the past several years I've gotten accustomed to being call "Ma'am"
I didn't like it in my early twenties when people first started referring me to that title but the strangest thing is now that I'm fully pregnant and round, strangers are calling me "Miss" again. Something about being with child reduces your age or maybe Miss is just a gentler title, that's what is has to be because everyone wants to hold doors and watch you get into the car, and make sure you have a seat, and really just watch out for your tummy for the most part and they all just want to help and be kind which I adore about being pregnant. Everybody should be treated in this way. The world would be a much nicer place. But I guess also when strangers talk with me, they try to soften their words and I've become a 'miss' again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

I am so glad I stumbled over to your blog! I'll be back. Take good care of yourself! Kick up your feet and stop all that walking! Save the energy! You'll need it for sure.

August 12, 2005 11:13 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

It's almost here! Enjoy. Miss! You will be a Ma'am soon enough!

August 13, 2005 7:46 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I want to feel your tummy.

August 13, 2005 2:19 PM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

hope your party is fun and hope you get lots of goodies for baby Avery. hope you post pics of it .
oh yeah and MISS i Like to touch pregnant womens belly amybe because I am a mom myself. I loved being pregnant.

August 13, 2005 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home