Friday, August 05, 2005

Tiny print keeps things whispered


Not everyone uderstands what problems I have, dont try to share certain parts of my story just because for some reason, it's too shocking and people dont like to think in these ways.....I feel like i supose to hold the truth in and never get to breath air again. like the whole ordeal was tossed over board and I'm supose to allow it to drownd even though I'm still tied to it. Theres nothing to be done,,, so time just keeps ticking away and soon i'm going to have this baby.
This baby has not been given a daddy because this baby doesnt know. This baby may never know who it's real daddy is because i was gang raped. The Blackmen who raped me were not identified other then DNA from the rapekit at the hospital. I was blacked out and only remember 'flashes' of the assult. Detectives have botched the investigation, because of my limited memory, they only will go by hard evidence and of course the only person I could identify denies eveything. 'everyone else was having sex with her passed out on the ground, I was merely hosting the rape not participating " so this animal gets off scot free.....you have no idea how much pain and anger there is for me. I've finally gotten past the shame, I had to, my belly was growing with a baby inside. yes, I still feel shame when people look at me and know that I'm not married and are judging me.....but what no one understands or knows about is the rape.
Batman stepped up as a support for me and is claiming fatherhood, but what happens down the road when there is doubt of paternity. He's truly been my saviour and helped me deel with my fear. I dont know of anyother person that would be able to do what he has done. It's hard enough to accept the ups and downs of a pregnant woman, but to step in and do everything in his power to create a calm environment for me. To stay by my side during the healing of being raped.....I still have not gotten a chance to breath. My body was molested and used up, I was not able to recover and gain a sense of myself, Instead I had to accept my body's change and swallow my pain, and surrender myself to the abuse that pregnancy causes in a womans body.
What happens when this baby is born and it's not BAtmans? I sound like a slut not knowing who my baby's daddy is but that is not guilt that I should carry. There is so much pain and misery that I have to push aside just to deel with this pregnancy and keep it going.....this is why I'm seeing a shrink, Crime victims compensaiton Fund . I just need for them to cover the cost of a paternity test after the baby is born. nothing could be done before and DNA testing is going to set me back about a grand. the detective said he was going to stay ontop of my pregnancy and do what ever testing needed to be done but now he doesnt even call me back. No wonder the one guy I remember got away, Detective Woodside is a slacker! but I'm still pregant and going to have a baby in a couple of days.

11 Comments:

Blogger Angel! said...

Wow...

(speachless)

...

First, I'm so sorry to hear about your rape. It's probably the worst thing a person can do to another.

I really hope that the detectives will be able to find who did that horrible thing to you.

Batman... wow, he's a hell of a great guy. There ain't a lot of men who, unfortunately, would have stayed beside you, not knowing if they're the father or not. Men can be such irresponsible assholes sometimes. But Batman has proven you quite the opposite.

May you find answers to your many questions and peace in your body, your brain, your heart and your soul.

Virtual hugs, lots of them to you!

August 05, 2005 6:05 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Do you feel a little better having purged your secret? It's not yours to be ashamed of anymore. I don't know you personally, but I am most proud to know of you. May God grant you and Batman sweet peace and firm resolve as you bring this innocent little girl into our crazy world.

August 05, 2005 6:36 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry that you have been burdened with the task of coping with this guilt. You are officially my hero, you are so brave not only to face the guilt and anger but also to put these aside for the sake of what could truly be your saving grace. I am a firm believer that children are born innocent. They are not incriminated by the sins of their fathers and such beautiful innocence can be very healing.

Batman sounds like he loves you very much and you need that. It is important that you allow yourself to have your feelings and still understand that the future can still be bright and happy for you (even though it doesn't seem that way now).

If you need anything please let me know. You have helped me so much and I really care for you and your well being (however strange that is considering we met online and all :-))

Good luck with the delivery. I hope that the peace your beautiful baby girl brings to you is instantaneous and lasts forever.

August 05, 2005 6:40 PM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

wow! Robyn I am glad that you have somebody there for you like bat man. I am sorry you had to go through such an event. But god has blessed you with a precious child for you to love and to love you.the baby is here for a reason and maybe it is to catch the M>>>>F>>>>who did this to you. you are in our prayer these coming weeks. that baby will be here any day good luck

August 05, 2005 7:38 PM  
Blogger trisha said...

i too am 'WoW'ed by the strength and courage you have that enables you to keep the faith and journey into motherhood that you hold in your heart. you are a true believer in God's eyes. I have two teenage girls and i worry all the time about situations like you have been dealt. I cannot imagine thoughts that would actully go through my mind if such horrific things happened. I can only guess that this shall help you and the wonderful Batman that is standing by your side during this drastic time in your life welcome this baby into your world as your child no matter what the circumstances... God Bless You and Batman and your baby...

August 05, 2005 10:17 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Nicely put mlwhitt. Robyn, you are so brave for writing this on your blog. I hate that you had to experience this. It is honestly one of my worst fears. And I agree with everyone who has said that Batman is a great man for staying beside you and Avery. Thanks, Batman. Prayers for you... and real hugs whenever you may need them. :-)

August 06, 2005 5:34 AM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

*big hugs* to you robyn

August 06, 2005 7:54 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

You are a hero for realizing that this baby is not guilty, and not hating Avery for what happened to you. The miracle of God, is that he can turn what man means for evil, into joy. Because of your willingness to do what is right, your baby will bring you many years of the greatest joy.

Frankly, you are a hero for not aborting your baby. No one would have blamed you, for what you have been through.

I can honstly tell you I never thought bad of you even once for not being married. We are all just trying to do the best we can. Keep your chin up and your head held high. You are not a slut for not knowing who the biological father is. Batman is going to be the Father, and that is that. You are not responsible for other people's crimes.

I hope your church is helping you, too. If not, you are probably going to the wrong church.

August 06, 2005 10:05 PM  
Blogger Hippie girl said...

Hey sweetie I love you!!!!! You are so awesome . Avery and batman are lucky to have you in their lives.

August 07, 2005 6:53 AM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

i hope you know that you will experience some of the most healing love of your life when your sweet little baby is born. something about that innocent dependence is cleansing.

i am glad that you have someone who supports and loves you and this baby. DNA is just a statistic. YOU TWO are the ones raising this little being. i think God has special blessings for those that need a bit of healing grace.

August 08, 2005 7:29 PM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

Okay, so since I have read this from top to bottom... I have to say I am glad I read the whole thing and you are a wonderful woman. There's so much you're taking on with grace and true faith that it's honorable. Batman sounds like a blessing to you! I know things will turn out just fine and God takes care of those who trust in him. You must have the biggest heart of anyone I've ever known. Prayers to ya'll...

August 12, 2005 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home