Monday, August 01, 2005

jamie is trying to die


Since Friday and getting off of his construction job, Jamie has put in forty hours up at his second job. I'm very happy that he's putting in the effort now and really shouldn't complain about how it's a little late. These hours wont be put into pay form until two more weeks when Avery will be here, so I'm going to have to still bother my family to help cover rent this month. That really adds so much tension to my life. Never before have I had to be dependent on them, and now that I'm not working and Jamie is suppose to be taking care of things, he's really slacked off....That is up until now. Now my poor guy is up working from 6Am in this God awful Texas sun and heat until around 3pm when he is able to run back to the house and take a shower and shave just to get put behind a grill to flip burgers from 4pm till 11 at night, this weekend he did all of that Plus he returned to work the third shift 11pm to 7am ......There is no sleep in this schedule, he's been talking funny all weekend, I'm very concerned and even asked if he was on drugs because his eyes looked funny and he's just not having any time to crash
Well , last night he finally crashed , literally
his boss up at steakNShake finally sent him home at 3 lastnight/this morning and I woke up at 4 to seeing Jamie's legs fly through the air as he tumbled out of slumber into his night stand. The poor guy is so exhausted that he couldn't wake up and stop himself from falling out of Bed. He ended up smashing his check bone into the corner of the nightstand and just laid there on the floor....I was so scared. Normally if this had happened there would have been some type of howling or cursing but Jamie was too pooped to even get his hands and feet under him and just laid there like he had been knocked out. He had to be back up for construction at 6 this morning,,,,,that's only 3 hours of sleep and he's already sleep deprived. He's maybe gotten 12 hours since Thursday.
I think he's trying to kill himself, because he wont drop a shift and it so totally sucks that he's not able to spend anytime with me. I actually feel more concerned with him being so tired that he might have an accident on the job sight. Nail gun shoots through his skull, he falls off of the scaffolding, overheats and gets sick.....He's not stopping to eat either. I made some dinner last night and he kinda ate but he's saying his stomach is hurting him. He spent a good amount of time in the bathroom this morning throwing up, and says that he's so hungry but just isn't able to eat anything because of how bad his tummy hurts.

I don't know what to do for him, I just want him to take it a bit easier on himself before something worse happens, he's wearing himself way too thin

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

He's feeling the pressure to make money and support the baby. I think his body will force him to slow down. Poor guy needs some rest.

August 01, 2005 12:47 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

I agree with Addict. He needs to get seen if the stomach pain continues. I'm sure the heat has a lot to do with it ~ he may have some signs of heat exhaustion. Make sure he at least keeps fluids in him if he's not eating. And something with electrolytes. Gatorade. I hope these crazy hours settle down soon.

M~

August 01, 2005 12:51 PM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

i think men go through some kind of ultra "i must provide" kind of thing before the baby is born. p. wasn't quite as extreme as jamie, but it sounds similar. i hope he can get back on track before his body makes him (i.e. he gets sick or something). i wish good sleep for you both (three). :)

August 01, 2005 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home