Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Shrink Wrap


I went and saw my shrink this afternoon. When am I going to know when I don't need to continue going? I feel like I'm pretty good in the head, I've got thing figured out for now. These last couple of weeks really consist of getting as much rest as I can and taking it easy. Not a whole lot to worry about except the birth of my baby in a short amount of time. Only 20 more days and Birth is going to happen weather I'm worried or not so I have a pretty good attitude about it. A little nervous but what woman isn't. I think I'm more excited then anything. I want to be done being pregnant. I look forward to being able to control the size and shape of my body again. Yes, I know that my boobs are still going to be working for the baby but It would just be nice to be able to bend over and tie shoes like I use to do.I'm excited about getting to see my baby. I do have the regular fears, like that my baby is going to come out with some type of huge birthmark on her face or something. I laugh because I'm more worried that her birthmark will be on her head in a visible place, not so much worried that her lungs will be weak or her heart have problems. I figure this baby is already a survivor and has gone through the long process of attatching and growing inside of me. The Dr. Says she's a big one which means that everything is going good. With all the emotional stuff I've already been through with this pregnancy, it really is a miracle that she's been able to hang in there. I know this little girl is going to be a champion, she already is.So when do I quit seeing my shrink? I have been going every two weeks and really I don't feel like there has been any type of influence from visiting her office. I do most of the healing myself and working out my problems. My shrink is simply a woman that sits there and psycho babbles about the different "parts" that make up my internal self. I figure that right now, there isn't a whole lot changing. Just waiting to get this kid out of me and then I'll probably need to visit her and unload again. She scheduled me for next week, because she will be going out of town and then the next week I'm delivering.....Sounds like she's more attatched to seeing me then I am to her.

4 Comments:

Blogger mrs. awesome said...

sounds like you have it worked out on your own....ditch her and use the money for something fun! :)

i remember thinking the same thoughts about birthmarks and all that. i'm sure that your baby girl will be beautiful and fine.

August 02, 2005 4:14 PM  
Blogger sarahshep said...

I'm so excited for you and the baby! I know everything will go fine and that you'll love that baby SO MUCH! :)

August 02, 2005 7:16 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You may want to take a break from your shrink. If things start feeling overwhelming with the baby and hubby, then schedule an appt.
I know you're excited. I am too! I hope you'll put a pic or two of little Avery on the blog.
You won't believe how amazing it will be when you hold her for the first time.

August 03, 2005 12:17 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Wow... your time is SOOOO close! I am so excited for you!

M~

August 03, 2005 6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home