Monday, August 15, 2005

changes and adaptations


I got most of the baby shower stuff put away but still have to wash out her little blakets and clothes Avery got. went to Babies R Us yesturday with Batman and used up part of a gift card we recieved from his Dad and step mom. picked up the All detergents for babies that Heather pointed out to me, thanks heather. THere's just so much a new mom doesnt know and I dont mind picking it up from others.....the thing I CANT STAND is when older mothers , in their 50's start telling you that your wrong and how they know how a baby is supose to be cared for. I listen but It's so frustrating to listen about how they know everything
mind you it's out dated by thirty years)
and that you as a new mom dont know crap......

oh, my little kitty Simone just looked up at me with her purdy eyes and I feel like crying. I'm going to be so busy with this baby, my other kids (the cats) are going to be neglected..... What kinda mom am I going to be? this life that I know is so changing, Im not going to be the same Robyn that I've know for the past 28 years. Soon, I'm going to have a new title of Mother and that outweighs everything I've ever done before. I'm scared. I dont want to say goodbye to the life I've known, I mean i'm totaly ready of course but Its sad to think that it's all changing never to be the same again. where ever I go, I'm going to have a baby to lug around with me and the next several years will be centered around diapers and keeping my little girl as clean and happy as I can. no more ME time. guess i'll change it to US time and enjoy it that way. It's just sad to let go of my old identity so to speak.


9 Comments:

Blogger mrs. awesome said...

i think there's always grieving for your "old" life , so to speak. it's perfectly natural, and doesn't mean you aren't welcoming Avery.

another couple things i have found helpful....shout is great on poopy stains. target makes a generic dreft that is about the same price as the all (f they're out of all). the clorox bleach pen is great for spot treating whites. also, my mom did this and it actually works.....if you buy a small plastic trash can with a round flippy lid, you can soak clothes with stubborn stains in it.(i.e.spit up) she bought me a little white can with lid at container store, and mixed a solution of 1 scoop oxi clean, i scoop dreft (or all), and 2 Tbsp. borax. fill the can with cold water, and if anything is particularly nasty, soak it. at the end of the week, throw it straight in the wash. you can dump the solution in the tub or toilet and start over the next week. to this day, i still do this soak for stains on g.'s clothes. (just be sure to be careful soaking darks or brights with lights) there. you know know my only martha stewart type secret. :)

August 15, 2005 9:24 AM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

love Martha Stewart Grody! and i already use the Shout spot remover...that stuff rocks. I do have a fastination for the clorox bleach pen so now I'll have to try it out
You soak the stuff for a week?! that sounds long to me, but then I've never had to battle poop and spit up before. is it really that tough? maybe I'll just dress my baby in plastic garbage bags for her terrible messes :)

August 15, 2005 9:30 AM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

well, i don't think it took a week for the stains to actually come out. a week was just about the time it took for me to be desperate enough to do the laundry. :) but, if you have a drooler or a spitter, get little drooler bibs and it will help with the stains a lot. they're a lot smaller than an eating bib, and the best ones are terry on the front, and nylon on the back (so the drool doesn't make the outfit all wet and clammy). if you wanna email me, i can send you a little pack of the ones i like the best. :) pjgjones@hotmail.com

August 15, 2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

Robyn you do change but you change for the better. being a mom is the best change I have ever made in my life. You now can grow with that little girl. you will learn together as well. look at it this way you have never had a baby and she has never had a mommy so you will discover how to please each other. I am excited for you and your new adventure.just remember to take it all in and take a million pictures you can nevr have enough pics. After my oldest passed away that is all I had Now I am camera happy with my other children never want to miss a moment. plus it is great black mail. HAHAHAHAHA! soon you will also turn into your mom. The other day i yelled for my daughter to close the door because we were not air condt. riverside and when she says why my favorite reply is because i said or because i am the mom wow when did my name change to connie (my mom).

August 15, 2005 10:19 AM  
Blogger trisha said...

you are going to be a good mommy- don't worry about the changing thing..we all go through at some point- i am a mother of 17 and 14 year old girls-and also have my niece, almost 4 and nephew-7...so i have kinda gone through this whole thing again... sounds like you are gettign everything together for your new baby's arrival...can't wait!

August 15, 2005 4:05 PM  
Blogger keesh said...

Hi Robyn, I enjoy your blog. What you will find is that there will be all kinds of opinions from other Mothers, but your instincts for your baby will be most important. I like Dreft detergent too :), it smells so yummy! Enjoy her while she is tiny, that part goes SOOOO FAST! What is your due date?

August 15, 2005 4:38 PM  
Blogger keesh said...

PS: these ladies that posted sure know their stuff. You are lucky to have great "bloggers" to give you good advice :).

August 15, 2005 4:40 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think the main thing is to have your Soap Opera picked out. That is very important. You really can not go wrong with "The Young and the Restless".

August 16, 2005 4:50 AM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

Young and The Restless rocks! But anyway, you have to still make a ME time date with yourself after Avery comes! The time to stop something like that at least once a month is NOT after having a baby. At times I felt resentment (I was way young though) about not being able to go out and do the little stuff. Doesn't mean you have to leave her for more than even an hour or two to treat yourself to a pedicure or something you enjoy!!

August 18, 2005 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home