Friday, September 14, 2007

a Cave family


so we're a week into his sentence and i'm managing things SO Much better then i thought it would go. very stressful at times with all the screaming that goes on in the house but its at least just the kids and not my voice.

I'm so happy to see my friends on here and apologize for not making it around to comment though i've read your blogs. hands tend to be so busy and always ocupied with diapers and feedings...... gosh, feedings make me feel like i'm a farmer to swine. seriously, i'm able to cook up some sort of breakfast in the mornings and throw it out on a tray in the living room while the babes just sorta fling it around and get some in their mouths. its impossible to sit down and actually spoon it into benjamin's mouth cause then avery's not eating and wants to "help" spoon it and then its a half hour later with the same mess and only one child's eaten. I'm doing what works but sometimes I wonder how badly I'm making it at motherhood.

avery's Brilliant, she only just turned two lil' over a week ago and when i asked her why benjamin was acting so bad and screaming, she simply put it, " Dada." meaning, because dad's gone, benjamin's acting up. avery's just smart and amazes me.

its going to be so weird living the next couple of months just the three of us and then having to reintroduce their father to them. that's the roughest thing to think about cause in the mean time, we'll have developed our lives without his presence just to have him intrude once again. hopefully it wont be too abrasive. Itll been nice. I miss having him. my feet need massaged.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zoeyjane said...

i've missed you. (and i do the same thing with z's breakfast cuz she's all but abandoned high chair usage except for dinner.)

September 14, 2007 3:36 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

My guy goes away every now and then, and though I really miss him when he's not around, when he's back I miss having the whole bed to myself :-)

September 14, 2007 11:35 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Kids are really amazing. It helps to keep the routine the same when Dad comes home. Kids thrive on routine and they feel safe in it. Just let Dad know how the day goes and don't force him into it. Ya'll will find a way to work together again and it won't take a long time.
If you ever need anyone to talk to about this, my email address is jacmsara@gmail.com. Just to rant or whatever, I'm all ears. Er.. eyes.

September 20, 2007 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home