Monday, June 05, 2006

I dream of Neil

Last night in a dream I had:
there was a family in an old house and it was a relaxed afternoon of playing boardgames/cards when one of the young brothers noticed the flies in the house were flying on their sides. We look out the window and the whole world is turning upside down....No destruction is happening just the balance of the universe was shifting and we were inside the old farmhouse upside down similar to the Poseidon story.
I step out on to the front doorsteps and have a envelope handed to me so I open it and read several pages of a letter that express desire for me ,to be His love and there are pictures of him and his old car and I recognize that the photos were taken from the field behind the house (its an old farm house with rolling meadows and space all around.) I don't know what I totally think of his letter because he's still married and I recognize that he's never been faithful to his wife but has been running around lost looking for something to fufill him but I'm curious to know why after all these years he's asking to be with me.
the evening of the same day arrives and the animals of the farm all return and the rooster is crowing to announce the darkening sky and I find myself walking into a giant arena similar to a circus ring set up with thousands of folding chairs and roped off into different sections. As Im walking in there are other young women, none that I recognize but have also been invited to this event and I don't know if they received the same personal love letter and pictures but they all have a past with Neil and are very excited to be there.
I'm very overwhelmed and feeling a little dizzy when suddenly my eyes find him walking into the tent and we're approaching each other but he's not directly looked at anyone.......Suddenly in all the dreaminess , I hit the sawdust covered floor . Someone behind me helps me back up but I faint once again not being able to control my overwhelming lightheadedness.

Let me stop here to say how weird it is to faint in a dream. I've never fainted in real life but to have a quickening loss of control over your limbs and fall to the floor is the strangest sensation especially when it happens twice in a row. I must have looked like one of those fainting goats....

So back to the dream; I was fainted with my face in this soft yellow sawdust but my eyes were open and I was wanting to regain myself but all I could do was listen.
Well, the ceremony began and Neil was asking the guest to write a short answer to his request for a lover and the girls all turn in slips of paper with their answers and a few of them were read and finally there was a winner.

I was back on my feet again when the announcement was made and I just stood there taking it all in. And the whole event was over and eveyone began to leave. I was bewildered about my personal love letter that Neil had sent to me and the fact that we never actually got a chance to speak.
the girl that was chosen was a blonde girl and she was wisked away to be decorated in a white veil and I saw another photograph of her dressed like a bride and the background was of my bedroom window at my parents home.
the dream gets fuzzy after that and there's a bunch of chaos involving me getting locked in a mall on the outside of the tent and the Mall gates are dropping closed and I couldn't get through because of my pregnant stomach.
I still had the invitation and photos of Neil clenched in my hands and I'm so confused as to the choice and why Neil is asking for a lover and that the arrangement expires after one year and I wonder if there will be another meeting like this one, but most of all I'm wondering about his wife and WHat has happend to that relationship that he would go and have a mass summons of exgirlfriends.
such a weird dream I just wanted to record it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

That is so weird. Maybe it was your brain's way of telling you that you should...No, never mind. I think it is just weird.

June 05, 2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

Thanks for sharing....hope it did not disturb your beauty sleep though.

Good to record it, think I'll do that if there is a dream worth remembering....:P

June 05, 2006 5:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW Um WOW

February 26, 2007 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home