Thursday, May 25, 2006

HNT- Batman bathes his Daughter


.....................................We're showing alot of skin today. If Batman were around he would probably throw a fit(when it comes to modesty, he can be super conservative, not so much about himself but more so the girls in his life) Batman was in Town last weekend from Friday through Tuesday. We got him to the airport too late on Monday night and the security had already gone home so we had to rebook his flight for the next day. It was so wonderful getting to spend an extra evening with him.
this stint out in Colorado is turning to be more and more of a joke. His buddies begged and pleaded with him to come out there to work and he's been gone for the entire month of May. Now He's lost his housing and is basically having to camp out at Mile marker 40 where a bunch of Hippies stay for some summer concert thing....I just want my husband home. This isn't what we arranged for him to do and we can not waste a cent on him lodging at a hotel. My husband is going to be eaten by mountain lions or a bear....He's going to meet up with some pretty little hippie girl and realize what an uptight bitch his wife is.....He's going to grow his beard out further and Avery will never recognize him.......
It was funny picking him up at the airport 4am on Saturday, there was absolutely nobody up there except for some unclaimed luggage and Avery and I waiting for his flight to arrive, it was kinda creepy yet exciting to know we would see him finally after 3 weeks of his being absent. He was so happy to see us and told us that he had missed us so much but he didn't realize how much until he got off the plane and saw us standing there. He held Avery and smiled and was talking to her but after 5 short seconds she wanted to be back in my arms. We passed her back and forth a couple of times....She just wasn't sure who he was, I mean , she knew who he was but she didn't recognize his voice through his hairy face, she kept wanting to get back in my arms so she could turn around and get a better look at her daddy.
its so hard being away from him but its made worse by the fact that Avery is missing him as well. He's been gone again for 2 days and in these last 2 days, Avery has thrown some of her worst tempertantrums....I know she wouldn't dare act like that if her daddy was around. Its a battle because she knows she gets away with a lot more when she's just with me. I don't know, maybe she's acting out because she's missing her dad. Its just so sad
I think the plan is for him to come back home for good in a couple more weeks. This job and the support from his 'friends' is starting to slack off. They failed to even pick him up at the airport when he returned to Denver which they swore up and down that If they could drop him off (they were drinking and didn't want to go home to their wives yet on Friday night) that they would definitely be there to pick him up. Its starting to get dirty and these guys are suppose to be like his brothers...They grew up together and now they are treating him with absolutely no regard. Its just so frustrating to see him struggling, to have us all struggling, its just down right crap!
the bath with Avery was the first for him in a long while. I've been the only one to bathe her probably since she was about 3 months old.....It simply turned into my chore over these last 6 months because it was just something that I got done. I had been nagging him many times about how he never does it and finally this weekend while he was in town, he actually climbed in the tub wit her and gave it a go. Funny story about it : He started to refuse her bath toys saying that Bathtime was suppose to be for her to get clean and not to goof around in. ((?))
COme ON! bathtime for a kid is pure opportunity to get wet, splash about and have a good time soaking the grime out from her fat creases. He lightened up and they both had a good time.
Happy HAlf Nekkid Thursday!
If you want to participate in HNT, go to the link in my sidebar

21 Comments:

Blogger Suze said...

Those pics are heart warming. Your daughter is beautiful.

Happy HNT to you all ;)

May 25, 2006 8:46 AM  
Blogger Haleigh Anne said...

I love the HNT pictures. Isn't it the best thing in the world to see your favorite two people (soon to be 3) together? I love moments like this.

May 25, 2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger Sunny Delight said...

these are soo sweet, and nice you had the extra time..HHNT!

May 25, 2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger Osbasso said...

Well, those are just damned cute! Hang in there. Don't worry about the non-existent hippie chick. No need to worry about something that's not there!

May 25, 2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger AndyT13 said...

Careful the Batman doesn't punish you! :-) Or maybe that's the idea? HHNT!

May 25, 2006 11:33 AM  
Blogger The Middle Child said...

Nice HNT! Good luck hon!

May 25, 2006 11:41 AM  
Blogger Schadeboy said...

I can totally sympathize with you on your daughter missing her daddy. I was gone for 2 and a half weeks not long ago, and my wife said my 2-year-old daughter missed me so much that she would also start throwing temper tantrums. My youngest daughter (11 months old) did the same as you describe your daughter when her daddy returned. She wasn't sure about me right away, but now she can't get enough of me.

Hope things get back to where daddy can be home full-time soon!

Happy HNT!

May 25, 2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Happy HNT! Hang in There!

May 25, 2006 11:56 AM  
Blogger keda said...

lovely pictures!! as solitaire said, this too shall pass. chin up sweetheart. it must be so hard but you are doing a great job! be proud.
its lovely that she has a good enough relationship despite the distance to miss him and throw tantrums when he's around!
my guys actually act better when their dads not around. though they adore him there are always more tears and tantrums when he's in the house!

happy hnt darling*

May 25, 2006 12:05 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Precious!! I absolutely love these! HHNT ;)

May 25, 2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

those pics are sweet. hey I finally played the game check it out.

I hope things work out with hime coming home soon.

May 25, 2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Phain said...

what a beautiful family! *~*Happy HNT*~*

May 25, 2006 3:03 PM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

I wouldn't really worry about those hippie chics, if I were you. They usually don't have beards.

May 25, 2006 3:58 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

I love these shots... and a wonderful read too! Cheers and Happy HNT!

May 25, 2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

How sweet! I'm so happy you had a good visit & I hope he hurries home. No hippie chicks allowed!

And BIG congrats to the new baby boy coming. I am so thrilled!

M~

May 25, 2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger 212degreedesigns said...

may he be home soon hun,..


HHTN!

May 25, 2006 6:32 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Great job. That's the original spirit of the HNT. Nothing perverted, but a pic of a halfnekkid kid (or a bathing kid in this case).

Happy HNT

May 25, 2006 6:33 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

This is a precious shot for Avery when she grows up...I wish my D will do that when my girls were little.

Hang in there, I was juggling with my two girls when my D went away for 2 months in Japan and last year, 7 months in America. It was my bonding time with my princesses.

Have a great weekend...I'll be watching you :P

Cheers
Singapore

May 25, 2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Bath time.... how fun!

Where are the bubbles? Next time Batman has to have bubbles in there and put a beard on Avery.

Time apart can be hard. Little Avery misses her daddy I'm sure.

May 25, 2006 10:10 PM  
Blogger E said...

beautiful photos and your story really brought a tear to my eye, hang in there.

May 26, 2006 5:56 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That baby is naked!

May 29, 2006 3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home