Friday, June 02, 2006


Avery had her 9month checkup yesterday. 23.5 lbs!!!!! 29 1/2" !!!!! (thats about 1.5" in 3 months. MY BIG GIRL! the nurse told us that there were no shots to be had!!!!!! I started to pack it all up and leave when the nurse had to chace after me to say that No, DR.Bronstein was still going to see Avery (I'm such a dork...I just hate being at the Doctors) Avery was so still and big eyed and opened mouth during the investigation er, examination I mean. she just watched the doctor and responded to the game of hide and seek DR. B was playing with her....even the doc said avery's wheels were turning in her head watching where the stethescope was moving too.
bad news to follow the good news of no shots : we had to take Avery up to the blood lab and get jammed with a needle in her chubby baby arms. she was sooooo good even with the two nurses squeezing and pulling on her little arm. Avery only cried when she was jabbed with the needle untill they had drained enough out of her. the nurses were so creepy....I dont know what it is with Blood/needle techs. but everyone i have ever encountered must have a dark soul or something. the nurse jabbing avery(the white one) I guess was trying to distract an already scared baby by GROWLING!?! it even scared me when she started....I mean I literally jumped and avery was sitting on my lap and suddenly this nurse starts growling like a huge hungry dog and Averys eyes stare up at this woman as if to say: you are already hurting my arm, please dont be vocally abusive. WHAT the HELL was this woman thinking? to distract a child that is upset with aggresive vocal tones? I repeat....ALL blood draining nurses have a darkside and I dont care for them one bit. WHy do these folks turn to healthcare or is it their profesion that turn them evil?

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You are kidding!!! She GROWLED at your baby????

June 02, 2006 2:25 PM  
Blogger Zoeyjane said...

the aouple that live next door to me have a little one - maybe a year old and the dad growls everynight at their little boy, i guess playing. during the day, when daddy's awake, the mom yells at him and swears. i'm pro-growling, but only for this twisted couple.

June 02, 2006 4:04 PM  
Blogger Zoeyjane said...

okay, can you tell that i have pregnancy mush brain? i meant to say that the COUPLE next to me have a little boy who the daddy growls at and the mom yells and swears at him while daddy is AWAY during the day. geez. sorry.

June 02, 2006 4:07 PM  
Blogger trisha said...

you should have turned to her and poked her a good one....i hate it when the kiddies have to get blood drawn, they just seem too young to have to have it done, ya know.....

June 02, 2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger Andre said...

That's a bizarre story.

June 02, 2006 5:20 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

Growled?

I love that chubby little girl. She's beautiful.

June 02, 2006 7:22 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Your baby girl has such beautiful eyes. She's a doll!

M~

June 02, 2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

They are INTO blood. That answers that. :)

Cute pic of Avery!!

June 02, 2006 9:31 PM  
Blogger keda said...

what a wierdo. horrible.

but just look at avery!! she incredible! how proud you must be darling. she's stunning.

June 03, 2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger Shionge said...

I can feel where you are coming from coz when my girl was four years, she had a lung perfection and was warded for one week at the hospital. It was hell for me to see our baby going through the numerous test *sob*

Hey, I luv those eyes! :P

June 03, 2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

They could be vampires?

June 04, 2006 1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Avery! Maybe she won't be too traumatized! That is bizarre!

June 04, 2006 7:22 PM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

what a big girl you have hey you should of growled back at the lady or just let out a big scream in her face adn asked her well how did that make you feel.:)

June 04, 2006 7:34 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

There are far too many medical professionals that give the caring people a bad name. Avery is adorable as always.

June 04, 2006 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home