Monday, May 29, 2006

an old photo from before kids


what else is there to do on Memorial day but update my blog
Batman was worried at first about being with the gathering. I told him that he needed to go around and make some friends, get aquainted and such. he was nervouse because he said he really didnt feel like he fit in. I asked him why and his responce cracked me up.
"because I'm the only one here with a 40, 000 dollar truck and it seems like the only one that has taken a shower in the last week."
now that he's been camping and gotten to know a few of the brother's at the gathering, they have utilized his truck to gather wood to help build up the kitchen...I'm so proud of him for joining the effort out there though now I'm slightly worried that he's joined in too much and becoming brainwashed to modernworld living. 3 nights of camping with the Rainbow tribe and he's turning over a new leaf talking about ways that he wants to change when he gets home. the mindset out there is more carefree which is probably helping with his anger management and they also have a disdain for people who drink
as long as he returns to cleaning himself and not taking a dump in a hole dug in the earth...i think batmans return to society might be ok. I miss him so much and I'm slightly jealous of his experience out there. (not the pooping in a hole part but simply the interaction with the alternative lifestyle) He wants Avery and me to come up there but I dont want to have to transition my baby to cloth diapers and dont want to offend them with the disposable ones we have been using. maybe for a night, we could be a cool hippie family. God knows i dont care for sleeping on the ground when my tummy is swelling like this. the actual Rainbow gathering doesnt start till the first week of july and there is speculation that there will be between 10-20 thousand attending. I just want my husband home before the natives get topless and he's dancing around the bonfires tripping on acid cause he ate the MAjic whatever from their kitchen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

Wow I'm proud of Batman, and of you for surviving the time all alone without adult companionship. That must be tough :-) I think that learning other people's views and practices makes one a much more well rounded and happy individual. It is easy to get caught up in our own little society and to think that our way is the only way to live when in actuality some of the other ways of life make a more peaceful environment for us and our families. Anyhoo....don't mean to be preachy just wanted to say hi. I too spent memorial day alone but that is more of my choice than anyone else's. Maybe if we get a chance to catch up soon I will tell you the story. It involves me, my family, and a bottle of vodka :-) Happy Memorial Day!

May 29, 2006 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home