Friday, March 17, 2006

A Saint patricks day Joke:
John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, between the legs of me wife!"That won him the top prize at the pub for the best toast of the night!He went home and told his wife, Mary, "I won the prize for the best toast ofthe night."She said, "Aye, did ye now. And what was your toast?"John said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church beside me wife.""Oh, that is very nice indeed, John!" Mary said.The next day, Mary ran into one of John's drinking buddies on the street corner.?The man chuckled leeringly and said, "John won the prize the other night at the pub with a toast about you, Mary."She said,?"Aye, he told me, and I was a bit surprised myself. You know, he's only been there twice in the last four years.?Once he fell asleep, and the other time I had to pull him by the ears to make him come."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Happy St. patricks day !
last night I went to play poker with some friends and my sister and her boyfriend, Batman was suppose to come but didn't feel well enough so I took Avery with me and had such a good time. I really had never played a serious game of poker before but as it turns out, I've got a touch of "Gambler" in me. Wish we had been playing with real money, I would be rich right now LOL

I had to take Avery in for a repeat 6 month check up, two weeks ago she was suffering from respiratory trouble and the Doc said we should wait before giving her the shots. I was so amazed when Avery barely cried getting her vaccinations yesterday. She simply layed there and stared at the nurse while I had to hold her arms and legs. It wasn't until the very last shot (she had to get 3) that Avery let out a small wail that lasted all of two seconds...I'm so proud of her. Seems that she's a much braver baby then I am. Either that or she has no feeling in her chubby thighs.

Batman got up this morning and headed back to work out at my parents barn....Guess he's feeling a bit better. He was doing his regular yelling at me yesterday (getting mad and saying that we don't have a real marriage because I've failed to get my name changed) and I was crying saying that I missed having him be a friend to me....Finally after some time went on, he wavered between being nasty and then telling me he didn't know what was wrong with him, why he was being so shitty to me. At least he recognizes that he's been an ass to me. I know that he's been under some stress getting this project rushed and its from my dad, but him yelling at me saying these hateful things about our marriage simply because I haven't gotten my name changed to his since we've been married....I guess that could be a point of anger for him, I don't know, I guess I'm sounding like I'm making excuses for his behavior. I really care about him and I know he's struggled with his anger in the past but these last few days have been out of the ordinary for him. I'm wondering if he needs to have a brain scan or something to see what's happening with his body/ temperament....He fluxuates back and forth and it really seems to be hurting him that he's behaving this way. he doesn't mean to. (and yes, I understand that to be classic abuser behavior) but I know we aren't too far into this that I need to abandon all hope and run away. BAtman needs someone to help understand what's ailing him.
ok, I'm really tired of talking about batman because so many of you are warning me about domestic violence...I really do appreciate that you care and I've taken everything in and contemplated it all but for today I would like a break from it all . Its St. patricks day and the start of the weekend. I've got to run to the DPS and see if they will help me get my name switched over.....We'll see and I'll keep you posted. It's just such a hassle getting everything changed and It does take a bit of time especially when you're hauling around a baby.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

I can understand the feeling of being ambushed on your own blog. I had that for days in a row a couple weeks ago. It's kinda hard to hear people come down so hard on us.

You just keep the faith & know I still support you, no matter what.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

M~

March 17, 2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

hey I hope your journey today is safe and maybe some fun with just you and Avery,

I think the name thing might be important. Think about it this way!just like you have dreamed of a wedding your whole life he has dreamed of giving his name that he has worked to make his idenity and give it to the woman he loves and his children.

You are thinking the right thing about helping him through what ever is ailing him. he is stressed and tired adn maybe it is something more. And maybe you can be the person to help him and that will make yoiu guys stronger.

March 17, 2006 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll work it out. The first 2 years are definitely the hardest. My hubby and I used to argue like crazy about anything and everything. I know we both said things we regret. The worst part about it is that once you say something, you can never take it back. Be patient with him and try to get him to get help if he really needs it. Just remember,
"If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed . . . nothing shall be impossible unto you."
-Matthew 17:19-20

March 17, 2006 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home