Friday, March 03, 2006

I had Avery's 6 month well baby check up Thursday and we got turned away when the Doc checked her. She's 19lbs 13 oz. and 28" but the Dr. listened to her lungs and she still has a tiny bit of weezing so we get to continue doing the nebulizer. this time only twice a day which is far easier to maintain then the every 4 hours we had been doing. We get to go back in two weeks to catch up on her vaccinations, I'm just thankful that we have a smart Doc who realized that the vacinations would be too much on her little system.

I am having a Birthday on Sunday...... dont know how I feel about it. getting older doesnt hurt untill I look in the mirror and notice the deepening lines around my eyes and mouth. wonder what I'm going to look like when I'm 50, I just have to keep telling myself it doesnt get any better then this and enjoy myself for the day. I started going gray at 21 and these last few weeks my hair has been falling out by the handfuls. It's really quite disgusting and BAtman is amazed at the nest of wet hair left by me in the bottom of the shower in the morning. I read somewhere it's a hormonal thing; After a few months of giving birth a womans hair will quickly start to thin. Guess I'm getting back to the normal side of things again.
Something else I have noticed while I'm on the subject of my body..... is love handles. this time last year I was aproximately 4 months pregnant and the first change in my body aside from my breast growth/tenderness was that about 2" above each pelvis bone I started getting fluffy. there was a puffy layer of what felt like fluid or I guess it must have been early prego fat and now that I've lost all but those last 10 lbs. I'm left with the same small mounds of roundness. my body before use to curve ever so softly into my waist . I remember viewing these mounds on other woman and critisizing their figures as less then mine and now I realize that Its simply momy love handles. do they every go away?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the love handles. I feel gross everytime I see anything pooching over the waist of my jeans. I've never really had a "tummy" before. Please tell me they will eventually go away!

March 03, 2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Are YOU feeling any better, gal?? I've been hoping the crud has left your family.

I'll have a special li'l msg for you on my bloggy on Sunday ~ stop on by when you can, ok?

Big hugs!
M~

March 03, 2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger mistyblue3 said...

Happy bday to you on sunday!!!!! I don't think they ever go all the way away, but they get smaller. And don't fret about your hair! It is a hormone thing. I got bald spots the size of quaters on either side of my head! You could only notice them when I pulled it up, and it grew back. Are you still nursing? How old will you be on Sunday? And gald to hear Avery is doing better.

March 04, 2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

HEYYYY! Happy Birthday!

:D

M~

March 05, 2006 6:39 AM  
Blogger aughra said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

And yes, they go away eventually.

March 05, 2006 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

March 05, 2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Gray hair and love handles are sexy.

March 06, 2006 5:51 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Glad to know things are better there.
When you are pregnant, you don't lose any hair, or very little. Then all the hair that didn't fall out then falls out later.

I can't give you anything as far as love handles go, sorry. Still got mine!

March 06, 2006 12:25 PM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

So I still have my love handles, but I don't call them that. I am also fat now. I weighed 132 when I got pregnant and lets just say I am no where even CLOSE to that weight. I was thin all the way up until I had her. My hormones got all f'd up and now I'm fat. Oh, and the hair... I have always had really full hair and it never fell out after I had my daughter. So, I guess we've all got different fun things to go through.

March 07, 2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

i myself am having a massive hair shedding too! this crap needs to stop! oddly enough, i never had it with my first baby.

March 07, 2006 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home