Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The bills are paid, the laundry is in production, the baby is napping, my husband is at work, I've made the bed and cleaned the kitchen. I'm having a good morning except there is the last cupcake left over from my birthday that is wispering my name........
I had a non- traditional birthday on sunday. I actually got Batman out of bed and to church for once. Avery was placed in the Church nursery for the first time and she did real well. I think she was delighted with the new toys and didnt notice that I was gone for an hour and a half.
afterwards, my family wanted to take me out to lunch and I told them that with the baby it would be easier if we just ran to Braums (I have been craving icecream for over a month) so we had burgers, fries and milkshakes. Batman had a sundae with candles of 29 burning for me to blow out and everyone sang Happy Birthday. It was fun and then in the evening we went and had a campfire at my parents home and a couple of my friends came over.
it was so much fun because it was so Not what I usually do for my birthday. Typically I have carrot cake and tuna fish and recieve pressents but this year there really werent any gifts. I didnt mind. It was nice getting to have my family and friends with me and the Baby was actually agreable.
Also I have to say thank you all for your wonderful birthday wishes. I 'm thinking that I am going to enjoy being 29 and probably will keep celebrating this age for awhile. 28 was a whirlwind with the pregnancy and now I'm getting into the swing of mommyhood so the maturity is happening with an even flow and I like it.

Batman is adding on to my parents barn, my dad has taken some mexican artist under his wing and is building them a Foundry for their bronzing crap that these guys do. It's really kinda strange having the barn renovated especially for imigrants that hardly speak English. They built a bust of my father and my dad is highly impressed with them, he's looking at this as an investment. their works have sold for over 35K a piece and now my dad is trying to help them out and get in on a good thing. I'll keep you all posted as I learn more about it but right now Its all just starting out. the mexican's had started building onto the barn but they were going about it by Mexican standards using scraps of wood and kinda piecing it together. not realy what my father wants on the side of his barn so he asked Batman to take on the task. hopefully Batman will get this job wipped out quickly and impress my dad with his carpentry skill, its such a huge job for only him to be working on.

I'm really tired of blogging for today, thinkI'm going to go and make the rounds of reading.
hope everyone has a good day

4 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

I'm so glad you had a good birthday! The weather was really nice down here & I was hoping the same for you.

M~

March 07, 2006 9:33 AM  
Blogger Memphis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BATGIRL!

March 07, 2006 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I am posting a link to you on my blog!

March 07, 2006 5:35 PM  
Blogger trisha said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you enjoyed your special day! Sounds like you had fun just getting to visit with your loved ones!

March 08, 2006 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home