Wednesday, March 29, 2006



Pictures of Avery = 19 comments
Pictures of Johnny Depp= 4 comments

my little brother Roman came home from College last weekend to Walk Dad. Avery and I have taken Dad to the park and done at least 2 miles each day: only trouble is today its raining so I guess no park, no walk, no getting my fat butt to shrink on this lovely damp Wednesday. whoohoo! Its a holiday my feet need to get propped up and rubbed by someone.
its been kinda weird seeing my dad every day and then walking and talking with him, he's so funny and ran out and bought an Ipod just for the effort of getting him to work out. Now he's talking about getting a dog. I think he's afraid of being seen as someone trying to get into shape and as long as he's got a dog or doing something else, he's not only a fatman trying to get into shape, he'll be walking the dog too.
I'm just happy to have someone drag me along too. I get too nervous going to the park by myself with Avery. The last time I did it, there was a Muslim woman pushing her little boy on the baby swing right next to Avery and I. We chatted for a little bit about the ages of our children(she had 3 other running around and the father was filming with a camera) after awhile I was trying to get Avery's attention because she was slumping over in her baby swing almost hanging out of it starring at this woman. Like STARRING HARD, I guess because the lady had her head covered with a veil and was talking gibberish-dialect with her little boy. Avery would not turn away from watching this lady and minutes were passing by and I was starting to get embarrassed by my daughter. No matter what sounds I made, no matter how fast I swung her, no matter how funny her bumping into me was, Avery simply wouldn't quit starring at this lady.
I guess It was a combination of my anxiety over Avery's behavior and frustration over not being able to control her but I started getting these crazy thoughts that the park was no longer safe. That there are maniac Muslims that strap bombs to themselves and take their children out to the neighborhood park for it all to be blown up and destroyed.
I packed up Avery and we had to leave before the carnage. Was that weird or unnecessary? probably but who ever said fear was rational emotion.

10 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

LOL ~ absolutely. I hate to say it, but I had the same irrational fears at the airport last December (04) when I went to VA to visit my family. We were delayed & there was a HUGE group of Muslims in the terminal with me going on the same plane. I had the same thoughts... kinda scary that I had them, but they were there nonetheless.

I prefer Avery over Johnny ANY day! (ok, unless I'm thinking about having sex with Johnny)... LOL

M~

March 29, 2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger Zoeyjane said...

it's nice to now have those fears around us so much here in canada. it's a breath of fresh air, i suppose. but then, it shocks me when i hear other people being scared. like, isn't there enough to be scared about???

like, spiders. i mean THAT is something i can have FEAR in. she's gorgeous, as i know that you know!

March 29, 2006 11:47 AM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

i love those pics!!!!

March 29, 2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Great pictures of Avery. She looks so smiley and happy. What a sweetie!!

March 29, 2006 11:09 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

I understand about the irrational fear. I'm convinced that every dodgy customer I have at work is going to hurt my fetus.Just keep working through them.

March 30, 2006 5:35 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Hey chick ~ I did that tag today!

:)
M~

March 30, 2006 6:13 AM  
Blogger trisha said...

that is awesome- see ~ we'd rather see beautiful pis of baby Avery than of Johnny!!! LOL :)

That is really neat that you are getting to walk and spend time with your dad and he gets to spend time with his grandaughter.

And what a better way than some good ole' fashoined exercise at that!

March 30, 2006 10:01 AM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

Hey thanks for the comment....sorry it took me so long to venture back over here things have been crazy. Avery is so big now!!! Well girl take care, hope to catch you online soon.

March 30, 2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger Rabia said...

Not to be rude or anything, but wow! You're sheltered! Educate yourself. Islam is not about fanatics with bombs. Just like Catholicism is not about raping little boys. Just because the idiots who use a religion to justify what they do doesn't mean that's what the religion is all about. And since when did speaking another language equal jibberish? The whole situation can be likened to back in the day when black folk were treated unfairly and many white people feared/hated them irrationally. Did you ever stop to think she might be more scared of you? It's dangerous being a covered woman around white people these days. I can't tell you how many times I've been treated like a criminal, non-english speaking immigrant or worse. *Sigh* Anyway, just thought I'd let you know...there are always 2 sides to every story.

April 02, 2006 11:51 PM  
Blogger Hadeel said...

that's really sad about you feeling fearful because of the muslim woman... it's actually the way the government and media want people to feel all the time when muslims are around to justify what they do in the muslim world. sometimes when i go out to the country i feel like all the rednecks are out to get me... maybe you should befriend a muslim woman and visit her in your home.. that way you'll see how so much like you they are...

April 17, 2006 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home