Sunday, October 08, 2006

well I was trying to post some pictures however things arent cooperating with my wishes.
tomorrow is my first day to handle the kids on my own. batman goes back to work and I'm left to juggle my 2wk old son and 13 month daughter. I've had a creeping stress over this the last several days. since bringing benjamin home, avery has developed a meaner, louder, more animalistic nature. she grunts and growls with every activity even as simple as setting her sippy cup down. I dont know if its because she's acting out because there's a new baby in the house or if its simply because she's been kept by other's for the last several weeks and is performing. i dont like it and it frightens me. we're going to have to do a little re'adjusting of her personality and make her softer and more gentle. I know she's only 13 months and her leaning on her brother is only caused by her not being aware of herself or her balance just yet but her vocalization is getting to be pretty bad. Its like Animal from the Muppets and while it might be cute once or twice or helpful in her frustration, its unacceptable for everyday , allday. I'm so nervous about being left with her and having to care for the baby...... I'm more stressed about how I'm going to nurse him while I have avery crying to be in my arms. the last two weeks, batman has helped distract her and given me a break but that all ends tomorrow.
I took a shower today so I should be ok for tomorrow except that i've been sweating alot during the night. maybe I'll take one when Ben gets me up at 5am before batman goes off to work. I dont know if I'm going to make it. god knows I cant load them up in the car all by myself.... we're just going to face tomorrow as a 'fun' indoor play day and try not to pull each other's hair out.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Ben is so cute! Good luck tomorrow!

October 08, 2006 8:07 PM  
Blogger ~art said...

good luck

October 09, 2006 5:25 AM  
Blogger BabyMakes4 said...

good luck today! it's only 7:30, but i know your day started long ago. i'll be thinking about you and the babies today. you are a great mom! you'll be terrific at taking care of two of them.

October 09, 2006 5:37 AM  
Blogger keda said...

good luck darling..

poor avery has also had a lot of changes on her plate. it will take a little while but she'll settle into it too.

try to get her to 'help' you by doing little tasks while you are nursing. and let her snuggle up to while you are doing it. she could hold a book and she could read to you.

do you have a double buggy?

i got the instep 3 wheeler and it was a life saver with the lets. it was light and the cheapest i could find at the time.
i could stear it with one arm too which was a life saver as i often went out with my sisters young childern too.
when i was nannying years ago i has 4 children. one 4 months and one at 20. and 2 4 year olds.

being able to leave the house is the best thing for your sanity. just a brief walk will calm the kids and you.

when you are healed you could go with a sling too.

but just take it easy sweetie. it will come. and you are fantastic capable mother. i know you'll do just fine :)

October 09, 2006 6:07 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

I'll be thinking about you!

M~

October 09, 2006 6:49 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

You are going to just fine it might be alitttle hard but it will pan out and you will do great.

October 09, 2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger aughra said...

I'm thinking about you. Email me if you need me. Good luck with the little grunter, and I hear you about the sweating - I wake up daily in a pool of drool, breast milk and sweat. Yum.

October 10, 2006 6:12 AM  
Blogger KB said...

At least you have TV. Perhaps you can find a good show for Avery while you nurse. Then it could be a special time for her to get a treat of TV while you get special time with Benjamin.

October 10, 2006 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home