Sunday, October 01, 2006

Benjamin Tanner (BT) arrival

Its early in the morning and Avery is messed up with bed head. had to get one last shot of my pregnant tummy before they sliced me open.
Batman was able to see BTs Kicks much clearer when the monitors were attached to my tummy. i think having his heartbeat on loud speaker helped batman realize how much activity i was feeling in my gut for the last several months. we waited around for about an hour doing paperwork and getting monitored. they drew 5 viles of blood and I started getting anxious about the surgery but tried to keep cool
finally our my parents and inlaws arrive right before they take me into surgery. one last happy moment I started breaking down and crying when I hugged avery ...I felt as though i was loosing my baby girl. it was the last time for her to be the ONLY baby in my life and it broke my heart.
the surgery took FOREVER....they gave me the spinal and then started getting the room preped for surgery and I had to lay there for way too long feeling all the nervous excitement and terror of if there was going to be something wrong with the baby. Benjamin Tanner was born and I heard him crying. not as strong a scream as avery gave at birth but still he was healthy and recieved appgar score of 8 and then 9.
Batman was by my side the whole time and held my hand telling me what a great job Iwas doing. i was just trying to hold it together and laughed when he showed me a picture of the themometor plate on my forhead



7lbs 7oz. 19 inches long

4 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

Oh thank you for posting so many WONDERFUL pics!

LOL ~ ESPECIALLY the one with the thermometer on your forehead. That's just sheeexxxyyy!

Avery is such a doll. She is going to be a great big sister.

Benjamin Tanner is a cute baby. Congratulations again!

M~

October 01, 2006 6:12 PM  
Blogger ~art said...

He's beautiful. Glad everything came out ok in the end

October 02, 2006 5:33 AM  
Blogger keda said...

beautiful! simply beautiful darling.
well done you!

both of your babies are incredible. and i love the pictures of avery in the cot :)
so very sweet.

October 03, 2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger mistyblue3 said...

He is perfect! I love the pic of Avery in the little crib thing- so cute! Hope your doing well babe

October 03, 2006 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home