Monday, June 26, 2006

batman was suppose to start a job this morning but hasnt been able to get in touch with the boss man....still trying to stay positive that we wont be homeless next week and that somehow he'll bring home rent$. so tired of talking about it and i really cant think like that right now. something will happen somehow.

this weekend was nice. we spent saturday visiting His parents and went to lunch at some steakhouse...i'm not really a big steak lover but i got this 1/2 burger and was kinda disappointed with it but felt presured to order something bloody. Avery stuffed her face eating the sides of brocoli, cauliflower, green beans and mashed potatos and just loved all the attention she was getting from her grandparents. only thing that iritates me about those people is that by the time we got to their house at noon....we had to wait on them for at least an hour if not longer before we got to head out the door. it was past 2 before we had lunch served to us and a hungry baby and pregnant mommy dont like waiting. and then when luch was finally over ...the rest of the group was ordering more drinks and just goofing off , leaving me to deal with a cranky sleepy baby. I tried to tell them that AVery was getting sleepy and really needed to go take her afternoon nap but nobody seemed to hear me or care. it was frustrating because so often I feel like I'm the only one that takes care of this little girl. granted it was a social activity but these people dont understand the time limits a baby has. when they call to invite us to lunch, I shouldnt have to think that maybe I need to eat before heading over because you are going to drag everything out and its going to be well into Avery's nap time before we see a morsle of food. ARgh, more frustration...i know. I'm not so happy with my life but I have to make the most of it.
any way, we kinda got them back and left avery to nap at her grandparnets home while Batman and I took a trip to the movie theatre. I hadnt seen a movie at the theatre since last Summer when we went to Charlie and the Chocolate factory. We dont have any reliable babysitters for Avery so this weekend was a real treat. I didnt worry much about her being away from me because I figured her slow granny could figure out the difficulties of manageing a baby and realize what I put up with everyday, everyhour. I needed the break.
So Batman and I saw the Adam Sandler movie CLick and it was terrific. at several points in the movie I felt like I just wanted to break down and cry....there were sence that just hit close to home as far as the arguing between the husband and wife and how to raise the kids....but I held the tears back untill I looked over and saw that BAtmans eyes were all red and wet with tears. I've never known him to cry at a movie...shoot! I've never known that man to cry and he prides himself of that issue. but we kinda had a breakthrough because of the movie Click. It was an eye opener for him, and we talked a little about it after we left the theatre. seriously it felt like we had a months worth of counseling from going to see this movie. He admitted that he's been on autopilot and fastforwarding through his life and that he's missing out on Avery's childhood..... at least he's realizing some faults. since the trip to the movies, he's been a little more helpful and active with his daughter. there are still some times that need a little adjusting. he gets frustrated because she's happier with me, so that anytime she fusses...he just wants to hand her off saying that she only wants to be in my care. that not true.....the problem lies in that she doesnt find sitting in his lap while he plays stupid video games to be stimulating and he needs to focus his attention on the baby again. hopefully , this new found effort will keep in effect.

the picture below is from several month ago when avery was about 5 months.

8 Comments:

Blogger Zoeyjane said...

well, that sounds like lots of positives in a weekend, pretty much - seeing the movie, having a "breakthrough", getting time to yourselves without baby AND getting batman out and picnic-ing. see? things are on an upswing, my dear!

June 26, 2006 12:15 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

That's great when something as simple as a movie can get stuff out in the open like that. As Avery gets more used to being with Batman she'll be able to turn to him for comfort as well. My daughter actually loves sitting on her dad's lap while he plays computer games, probably because the graphics are really high quality and she's turning out to be a telly addict (not that we let her watch anything but Baby Einstein DVDs).

June 26, 2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

you know the only difference between me and you as far as anger and hostility really is that everybody but you has the balls to say it to who it's directed to.you,..... you hide all your shit until you get on this stupid thing and you tell a bunch of cyber people what you really think about shit to a bunch of people that don't know what's really going on.

June 26, 2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

Hey thanks for sharing your day with us and great to have time-out with batman while the granny had a go with Avery.

June 27, 2006 7:23 AM  
Blogger mistyblue3 said...

I'm glad you got out! You needed it. I have that issue w/ my family things too. I end up being the only one taking care of my kids while everyone else has a good time. Ick. Better off staying home. They've gotten better though. We talked about after I started to refuse to do things w/ them. Its hard to go to big get togethers or resturants w/o lots of extra hands. Hope you and Batman are able to hold on to your new found peace :)

June 27, 2006 10:52 AM  
Blogger aughra said...

I'm so glad that you got an epiphany from a silly movie! Good for you guys. And I remember being in situations where I seemed to be the only one caring for Gus.... It passes. You're doing fine.

June 27, 2006 6:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad the movie inspired you and Batman to talk about some things. :) I bet that feels better.

June 27, 2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

that is absolutely adorable!

June 27, 2006 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home