Friday, June 23, 2006

I've not managed to get time to Blog....for some reason there was more time for it while Batman was away. Now with him here, I find that he's the one always on the computer (not to mention I'm afraid if he actually reads my stuff on here)...he gets quite critical at times and nothing I say is acurate or true in his eyes so I just dont care for him to read my private online journal .
today was a good day. I packed a lunch and said that we were going to have a picnic at the park...batman got all pissy saying , 'so you're telling me where I get to eat my lunch?'
Come on! I frickin made your lunch....if I serve it in the bedroom vs. the dinning room does it matter? he just loves to start a comotion.
anyways I got his grumpy butt to put some shoes on and head out the door with Avery and I for a picnic at the park. He had mentioned taking avery out last week and never did so I thought I would help make things happen since all he was doing was playing his stupid KUMA WAR on the pc. this morning (and all day yesterday)
it was overcast so the Texas sun wasnt beating down too hard. we ate our lunch in uncomfortable silence , I could tell he was still in a humffy mood...I just wanted to lift it a small bit and invited him to take avery onto the playground swings knowing that she just cracks up with laughter when ever I've put her on the baby swings before. I packed up the picnic while He got her situtated and when I got there both were having a good time. after a few minutes...the humidity was swelltering and we looked around the playground for other activities for aVery. He climbed the equipment and slid downt the tunnel slide with her a couple of times.. she seamed to enjoy the climb up more then the slide down , but again after only a few times the humidity just overwhelmed so I advised him to try the adult swing with her in his lap (she has enjoyed this with me several times before and I wanted to share the fun with him) and they had a wonderful time swinging. She was just giggling and snorting and laughing her poor little head off, I think somehow it might have been making her dizzy because she kept dropping her head a bit.
so the park was a success. he even took her for a stroll around the duck pound. I'm glad i was able to get Batman to join us out for a picnic.
after her short nap I got him to go to the neighborhood pool with us which is quite unusual. typically he's so adverse to going swiming in a pool because of all the germs and whatnot but he'll gladly swim in a murky lake or pond...I just get the willies not being able to see the botom of where I'm swimming so I stick to pools with clear water or at least running rivers.
so between the picnic and the pool we had a fatastic time getting along and having fun with our baby. He's on his way home right now with a chocolate milkshake for me so I have to end this here.

5 Comments:

Blogger trisha said...

sounds like you made your day work girl! i'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy it as a family, although it took some extra effort from you! you did it!

June 24, 2006 9:48 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

I am so glad you guys had a nice day today. hope to hear about many more.:) have a good rest of the weekend.

June 24, 2006 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! I'm glad ya'll had such a good family day! We need more of those!

June 24, 2006 5:24 PM  
Blogger keda said...

though its hard for you, pushing ande taking charge of men with small children i have found is sometimes the only way. you are doing agreat thing darling. and i'm glad it all worked out and you had a lovely day!

i;m sure he loved it in the end.

keep up the good work babe.
it will get easier. and as she gets older he will find it easier to come up with ideas himself.

you are doing a gret job :)

June 25, 2006 5:27 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

sounds lovely, especially because it's cold and drizzly down these parts right now.

June 25, 2006 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home