Friday, April 28, 2006


Good news, Batman found work
Bad news, its in Colorado
He's planning on taking off tomorrow and they start the job on Monday. He's going to be helping out his old crew that all moved up there with their families and I'm being left behind to take care of Avery and this pregnancy. I'm not looking forward to it but Batman has been talking about moving out there for the last couple of years. Our lease will be up the end of September and I'm guessing this baby will be due November so we could possibly get everything moved out there between months. Its going to be crazy. I don't want to move further away from my parents and especially my girlfriend down in Houston but this is Batmans dream. I'm not really a mountain girl. I much prefer the ocean but if he's got work and is able to maintain it to where he's providing for his family, I should be supportive.
I'm viewing this as a test so to speak. If it works out and hes actually brining home enough to live on (which he should be if he's not out partying with his buddies and drinking) then come this fall, we might be relocating our family.
I haven't said anything to my parents about him leaving for this job. It just came up this morning as an opportunity and it seams that anytime we involve my parents, they come up with negatives and I'm already having a hard time with the thought of Batman being away. My dad would end up saying derogatory things like how my husband is abandoning me....I don't want to hear those things. I don't know why my dad has been so nasty..Actually I do. He's frustrated that we're having another and still haven't managed to get up on our own two feet.
well, this is something to try at least. I don't know, I'm kinda feeling helpless and pregnant and stuck with primary care to our 7 month old. yes, I'm sure it looks horrible to my father who only wants the best for his kids. I let him down by involving myself with a felon whereas I should have gone and finished school out and found myself a horribly bitter man with a PHD that could finance my pedicures.
I just want to have a family that is happy and together and BAtman and Avery are my family and my focus. Sometimes you have to sacrifice things in order to achieve the great reward in the end. If we do move to the Mountains, I've always wanted goats so maybe I could start a herd of Mountain goats up there.
Happy WEEKEND yall

9 Comments:

Blogger mrs. awesome said...

if batman can support your family with this job, then i would see it as a good thing. i have moved 10 times since we've been married (almost 11 years), and have only hated one place we lived. the truth is, with 2 kids, your life will be more at home anyway. just make sure you aren't in BFE in case you do get the chance to go out and about. colorado is beautiful. i can think of worse places, for sure.

April 28, 2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger crazycatlady said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 28, 2006 1:26 PM  
Blogger crazycatlady said...

One thing I've learned...when an opportunity comes along, that can change your current situation, jump on it. If you let it go by...you will only miss out and always wonder if it would have been different. And I'm sure it will be tough being apart, but you have to sacrifice things sometimes...everything will work out for the best. Good luck with it!

April 28, 2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You never know, you might really like it there. I truly think this could be a wonderful thing for your marriage & family... moving away from your friends & immediate family might be what it takes to really get on your own two feet... not just financially, but emotionally you and Batman will lean the heaviest on each other when you move to a new place, and when you meet new people it will be as a united Mr. and Mrs. and the kids. I think relocating is great for a new marriage!! I wish you the best of luck. I'm great at pep talks so email me if you want me to keep going. :)

April 28, 2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

Darling, fuck your folks! Make the choices that are right for your family, and although you will have a lot of hurdles now, just hang in there and enjoy the small moments....

April 28, 2006 4:04 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

I agree with everyone. Wow, I'm in shock, but when y'all move, you will be living for eachother & not dependent on family.

It's going to be tough, but you can do this. You're a strong woman.

And you still have us!

:)
M~

April 29, 2006 8:45 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

I agree with everyone. Wow, I'm in shock, but when y'all move, you will be living for eachother & not dependent on family.

It's going to be tough, but you can do this. You're a strong woman.

And you still have us!

:)
M~

April 29, 2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger trisha said...

I pretty much agree with your other comments. But I feel there may be another side to your situation my dear.....

Although....(big sigh) you need to be sure YOU will be comfortable beign that far from you mom and dad. It's not gonna batman struggling and homesick during this time, it's gonna be you! \

I too have experienced life with felon's and sometimes it's not fun and it's definitely not easy. It has taken me over 10 years to get my life straight and I can finally say that I am happy and my is life is pretty good.

Keep your head up girl and let your heart lead the way. ;)

April 30, 2006 11:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

There you go. Keep you eye on the goats!

Seriously, it does sound like a good opportunity.

May 06, 2006 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home