Monday, April 24, 2006

I'm back from my visit with my best girlfriend and cant locate the camera so no pictures today, sorry. We had the best time and it was so great getting to see my girlfriend. everytime we get together it returns me to this old feeling of excitement and craziness we always had as young girls growing up together of course things are much more calm and we simply do a lot of talking instead of acting silly and running around like maniacs. This weekend was so nice and I look forward to getting together again for memorial Day at her parents home. Its been such a blessing being reunited with her after ten years of absence. (thankyou Blogger)
we drove down Friday and went to the ragin' Cajun for dinner....the place kinda creeped me out because it was full of people sucking the heads of crawfish but I got over the eyeballs and antenna and legs in the air and was able to enjoy some crabcakes and salad. Avery was such a good traveler and just laughed so hard at everything. My baby has the best sense of humor (either that or she was strungout sleepy and knew the best thing to do was smile and giggle to get through it) we dont have a travelcrib for her so we had to lay her out on a sleepingbag on the floor and it worked aside from the puppies wanting to lay on it with her. We seriously need to find one of those playpens for her for when we take these trips , especially when she's rolling around and sliding all over the floor....still no crawling but I'm praying that comes along soon.
Saturday was the baseball game and Jed's team won , I think the score was 17-3 or something along those lines. Avery's newest skill is clapping so all the fans in the stand were helping my babygirl realize what clapping was all about and now Avery claps with all the sense of pride and accomplishment that a true applause requires.
I'm so pooped from our travels. I think I'm going to try and take a morning nap and I'll update more later.
hope everyone had a safe weekend and I'll be around to read later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

I'm so glad to hear about you having such a good girl friend. I had a few in lower grades of school up to middle school, but didn't have the best of experiences after that with girls. I'm happy for you. Congrats on the new baby coming! That's sooo exciting.

April 24, 2006 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You said you were looking into getting a pack & play or something like that for Avery. I was playing on babycenter.com today and noticed they were having a sale. There are a couple on there.

Link:
http://store.babycenter.com/catalog/allsale_cat.jhtml?urlName=play_yards_portacribs&parentUrlName=gear&parentDisplayName=Gear&stage=all

I don't know if it would be any cheaper than buying it locally, but you can check it out!

April 25, 2006 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home