Monday, April 17, 2006

Avery in her fancy Elton John sunglasses


So everyone is wanting to know how it went down yesterday and I'm so happy to say that it really wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. We got up with plenty of time to make it to church and Avery had on her visor....As soon as service let out, mom and dad joined us in the hall outside of the nursery and were chatting it up and showing off Avery to their friends and everyone kept saying what a cute visor Avery had on. Batman and I simply stood there with butterflies in our stomach wondering if my parents were going to notice the news painted on it that read : "Christ is risen and I'm 2B a big sister"
mom got the first part read aloud ok but I think the paint and the slang got her baffled and she quit trying even though I was coaching her.
we made it back to my parents house and had a great Easter lunch. my sister and I had spent the day before assembling broccoli bake, Watergate salad, sweetpotato casserole so all we had to do was take the Ham out of the oven and we feasted. While we were prepping the table I let my sister Rachel in on our surprise and told her to go check out AVery's visor and to read the whole thing. Finally after we chowed down....Avery sat in her high chair between me and my dad and he kept scooping these HUGE over size bites of sweetpotato into her little mouth , my family decided to take a break and return for the carrot cake later after we had a chance to see Avery's Easter basket.
mom had gotten a wicker laundry basket and decorated the whole thing with fancy Easter fabric and eggs and after we opened all her goodies, we took the basket outside and place avery inside it for some real cute pictures.
oh, wait, no....While we were all on the floor opening her stuff, my sister takes it upon herself to point out once again that my parents need to read AVery's visor so after a couple of tries, mom gets the thoughts and jumps up and runs to the kitchen where I'm putting up the dishes and askes me if I have some meaning behind the "I'm 2B a big sister" and I kinda started to tear up and she gave me a hug and I just pleaded with her to please be happy for us and she was and my dad didn't give us any sort of lecture. he was real quiet but he ended up telling batman congratulations so at least it went a thousand times better then I was dreading.
my family is supportive and I heard something come from my mother that was helpful in my anxiety over this. Mom was telling me that yes, it was going to be difficult but that even when she discovered that she was pregnant with me and my older brother was only like 15 months old, she was freakin out wondering how she was going to manage.

It doesn't matter what Age Avery is, I would have felt overwhelmed thinking about doing the pregnant thing again and hearing my mom say that kinda helped put this into perspective

so we survived Easter and it turned out to be such a good day. I even got a chance to talk with my Gram B over the phone and she thanked me for pulling the family together for Easter. She has to listen to my mother complain about how the family never does anything and how miserable she is so Gram B and I were laughing about how now my mother needs to realize that the family does get together; sometimes in may only be in part but its not as bad as mom tries to make it sound. we really are a great bunch of people and have a huge love for everyone. Mom just has a bad habit of trying to find everything wrong in the world and having pity parties that last for weeks
but I wasn't going to let Avery's first Easter be anything less then fun.

I'm just relieved that my parents were able to jump on the bandwagon with Batman and myself and they werent being old ninnies by only finding the negative in our situation. this pregnancy is going to be a challenge but then wasn't the first even worse. I've been down this road before and I'm determined that this time, I might enjoy it better. And that AVery's development will help distract me from the slowly passing time and discomfort.

thank you all for your wonderful comments and encouragement. it means the world to me to know I have such caring and helpful blogger buddies out there. You are so great and I am so blessed

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm betting that this pregnancy will be MUCH more relaxed than the last one. And I LOVE Avery's sunglasses!!!

April 17, 2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

Horray I knew it would be ok I bet that takes a huge wiehgt off your sholders :) :) :) :) ;) ;)

April 17, 2006 10:24 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I am so glad it went well. Take care.

And those are pretty cute sunglasses!

April 17, 2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

You know what? YOU will make it! You have a loving & supportive family that will help you thru the rough times & be with you during the happy times. I couldn't be more thrilled for you & your family.

M~

April 17, 2006 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad it went well. Aren't moms the best when you really need their advice? I, too, think I'll enjoy (or rather, be more comfortable with) other pregnancies now that I've been through it once. You'll be great! Avery is just a doll - I love the sunglasses!

April 17, 2006 1:42 PM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

so glad that it went well...what grandparent can resist another grandbaby? :)

there were so many things that were easier about the 2nd pregnancy than the 1st. that was true for the 1st few weeks of baby's life too. you'll do great.

i keep thinking of elton john songs....thanks a lot!

April 17, 2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

You are so blessed. And this pregnancy will be a piece of cake.

Your thank you picture is up.

April 17, 2006 5:43 PM  
Blogger trisha said...

oh i am so glad things went good for you yesterday! i was hoping we got a pic of avery's visor- i wanted to see it! send me your email if you want so i can send you stuff- ramsfan9828@yahoo.com

April 17, 2006 10:20 PM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

Wow! Where have I been? Under a rock I guess. I went back an entry or two and you just kind of briefly mentioned that you're pregnant again. I would think you'd do a whole entry about the announcement of your newest baby news. Anyway, so as not to be confusing.. I'm sooo happy for you. I know you'll be feeling better this time around. I think Avery is just so beautiful. She's gonna have sooo much fun with the new one. What's Batman think about it? I'd kick his ass for slacking though at your Dad's project. Hey, send me an e-mail if you just want to chat sometime.

April 18, 2006 12:02 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

It is hard and crazy having them so close, but now that they are 4 and 3 I wouldn't have it any other way. Congratulations!!

April 18, 2006 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have changed our site address. It is now www.myblueeyedboy.blogspot.com
Please link me there!

April 18, 2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger mistyblue3 said...

I'm glad everything went so well! Your family sounds fantastic! and I love Avery's sunglasses!!!

April 19, 2006 6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home