Monday, April 03, 2006

our weekend was busy

Friday our friends had to come down to Tx. to bury their grandfather so we got together and went out for lunch. Natedawg is seen here holding Avery...their such good friends, I think she just adores his clown hair.
did I say that it was hot and these guys came from colorado wearing longsleeves/sweaters?This picture is of me burning up in the sunlight sitting out on the patio of (crap! I cant remember the name of the resturant for the life of me) it was mexican and I had a margarita but it was so Hot, can you see my sweat dripping from the sides of my face? lets just say that I didnt need any salt with my margarita
Then on Saturday after going on our walk, my dad took Avery out and bought her a swimming floating lillypad thingy. it was her first time to be in a pool so we just kept her in the kiddy pool that is only about 16" deep. She stayed in there for about 5 minutes before wanting to get out.
Batman is getting a Foundry thrown onto the side of the barn with the help of John Deer. He's been working on this and putting it all together on his own. everyonce in awhile he gets a buddy of his to come out and work but otherwise its been entirely his own project. He says he should be finishing up today, because he's suppose to be starting a new project tonight.
Sunday found us out at the park again going on our walk with my dad, little bro. Roman and his girlfriend Kathrine. It was my first time to meet her, she's from Tn. and drives out here to see her dad and of course to hang out with Roman. She's so little it makes him look tall.......and she also has a thing for earrings so we get along great.








Here is Avery getting out on her walk in the hot texas sun . We went out and bought her a little bonnet to protect her face and lotioned her up with sunscreen. she was so slippery and sticky all at the same time.




















Finally Sunday afternoon, there was a shinn-digg ("Yeehaw sisterhood") up at the barn and batman had to hault his construction. I got in the pool with Avery and played for awhile trying to get BAtman to join us. my Dad finally got in the water but by then she was fussy and dad kept thinking that she needed fed and I was trying to tell him that it was best to feed her outside of the pool but noone wants to listen to the mommy (who knows everything about her baby) and they tried to feed her while in her lillypad . It didnt quite work and she ended up screaming worse. this picture is batman holding avery with grandpa smiling. (they had a margarita machine up in the barn so he was lit) I ended up getting to take Avery and put her down for a nap. All this activity and sunshine wiped my baby girl out.

Now is Monday morning and i have the whole day with the baby. the weekend was so exhausting, , crap, my dad just called and wants to know when we are going on our walk.......doesnt a girl get a day off ever?

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Cutie pie!!! She looks like so much fun.

April 03, 2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

OMG she's just the cutest li'l thing!

That pool sure sounds good. Girl, we are in for a helluva summer, aren't we?

M~

April 03, 2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger Rabia said...

I understand (referring to your comment). We all have some irrational fears; I think I've been on the defense a wee bit too much lately, sorry if it came out harsh. Your daughter is VERY adorable, by the way. Too cute for words in the lil swimsuit she has on. :)

April 03, 2006 11:53 AM  
Blogger Zoeyjane said...

you do know that being a mom, a wife (whether married or not) and having a social life DOES make you superwoman, right? and superwoman gets NO days off. not that she really needs it, as long as she feels appreciated, right?

(this is being said as i manically wait for laundry and dishes to dry, muffins to bake and the hot water heater to refill - so i can take a shower and wash off all this housewife stink.)

don't worry, one day people will respect the "mother knows best" rule - avery may be 20 at the time...but it'll happen! =P

April 03, 2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

Oh my god, she is the cutest. I can't wait to find out what I'm having.

April 03, 2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger Zoeyjane said...

you definately deserve a batman-instigated alowance - tell him it's also for watching for the batsignal...! i have an email link on my page, so if you wanna know the comments thingy - email me!

April 03, 2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

She should be a baby model, and pose for those baby pictures on those little jars of food and stuff.

April 03, 2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger trisha said...

wow- it's hot enough to swim there, huh- we're stll dealing withe the rain here which is bit unusual for Ca this time of year. We really had a late winter...

Looks like Batman project is coming right along- that tractor looks like fun!

Nice pool- Baby girl will get real used to that- Is that at you're parents? Lucky duck!!!

April 04, 2006 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home