Wednesday, January 04, 2006

4 months of healthy living



Avery goes to the pediatrician today and we get to see how much my baby has grown over the past 2 months. this will be her 4month check up and the last time she got nasty shots in her chubby thighs. the nurse was quick about it but it still hurt and I even let out a cry because it hurts to see your baby getting shots.
I dont want to go today...we're going to get 4 more shots and Its just awful. last time avery was so sick and felt miserable afterwards. those vaccinations really wiped her out. I've read that the first dose is the toughest on the kids, that the secondary doses go much easier...we'll see.
I really dont want to go and make my daughter deal with this.

The Last visit Dr. B was saying what a healthy and entertaining girl Avery was. The doc marveled over how bright and happy Avery was and the thing that worries me is that even the Dr. said that Avery's next visit wont be so great. I questioned what the Doc ment by that statement and Dr. B said Avery would remember her office and how its not a 'happy' thing to be there.
Doesnt that about blow!? and I have to keep telling myself that taking my baby in for her vaccinations is what makes me a "Goood Mommy"
I do this because I love her and its what is best for my baby, but why am i so scared?


``````````````````````````````````````````
Update:
we survived and Avery is recouperating with a long nap...those shots just take it out of her and I hate it but I love the peace and quiet for now. there was little if not any anxiety while we sat in the waiting room to see Dr. B. and avery was weighed and measured and the whole time she's just big eyed and staring up at me and wondering what is going on. then once the Doc came in with her funny little accent, avery starts smiling and lightly showing off. Dr. B kept mentioning how long avery's arms are, which that was nice instead of hearing how fat her legs are. we talked about avery becoming a basketball player and the doctor corrected me saying that she would get into what was her intrest...not that i'm a huge pusher of the game but i just figure thats what tall people play right? I told the doc about how i iceskated and the doc said that would be an excelent sport for avery to get into. I wonder what sizes they start making figureskates...gues she needs to learn to walk first.
anyway, my darling girl did really good, she did cry but momma managed to hold it together. I just held her while the nurse ran out the door and avery finally opened her eyes wondering where the lady had gone to that had hurt her. it was over as far as the shots and now we get to suffer through the weepy, weakness that comes from getting vacinations.
at 4 months of age Avery is 17lbs. and 5oz. and is 25 inches long...she's one healthy baby and I'm so very proud of her.
as a reward for getting her shots today, Avery and I went to target and got a bouncy seat, I know she doesnt quite feel like playing just yet but hopefully tomorrow she will be doing better and will want to play.

11 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

Wow... she's just so dang cute!

I can't imagine watching my child get vaccinated. I would be crying too.

M~

January 04, 2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger Osbasso said...

That top picture is a keeper! Both of you looking pretty darned good!

January 04, 2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

she is so precious robyn but you are doing the right thing and it will be better this time and over quick just hold her when she is done and then yo are th good guy :)

January 04, 2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

glad she did good at the doctor. she is a great size and so cute. It is so fun to watch her change and grow through these months. hey I replyed to your comment on my blog nothing big I just wanted to reasure you that my monkey has good manors I hope I did not sound like a bad mom for not mentioning that stuff about her. I can care less about fashin I live in my pj's literally.I do not find time to get dressed with the house and the twins.talk to you soon.

January 04, 2006 2:20 PM  
Blogger MommyTaco said...

is it the johnny jumper thing? too awesome, i expect some pics of her practicing her slam dunks in it. ;o)

i always wanted to play basketball (i'm 5'10" and have been since i was about 12 years old) but i couldn't because of my heart condition. it sucked being so tall and everyone asking if i placed basketball and having to explain to them why i didn't. but i went into band & choir instead, which i would've done anyway cause music runs through my blood/family and i was able to focus on the music not music AND sports.

i've been thinking a lot about diapers and how quick will it take the little taco to start upgrading in the sizes? i'm kinda excited for that first time i have to tell daddy taco to go run to the store and get a pack in a hurry. hehehe one more week!

January 04, 2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Hooray! She's healthy and she made it through those nasty shots.
Good girl, Avery!!!

January 04, 2006 4:34 PM  
Blogger Jinon Nane' said...

I hated taking Abigail to get shots! But the real fun begins when they are a few months older and start to really fight back! After Abigail got her 18 month shots I informed Brent that he would have to take her for her 4 year shots because I would not be able to hold her down. But I have to say it is much worse watching them get sick! When Abigail was almost 2, I opted not to get her the flu shot...then I got sick. So, of course she got sick and that was the worst because...
1)I knew I could have prevented it,
2)I knew I gave it to her,
3)I knew how bad it hurt!!!
(and that was just the flu.)
You are being a GREAT Mom!

January 04, 2006 6:40 PM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

good for both of you...you made it through another visit :) i once asked the nurse how come the doctor doesn't ever give the shots. she said one of the main reasons (besides time) is that they don't want the bad association with the doctor (the baby thinking this is the person that caused me pain last time). shots i found get harder as they get older because they understand and can anticipate what's coming.

January 04, 2006 9:09 PM  
Blogger Angel! said...

The first picture is so funny!

January 05, 2006 6:10 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Yay! So glad Avery got a good report!

And I hope she'll like that bouncy seat...

M~

January 05, 2006 6:11 AM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

I wish I could say I remember dreading taking mine to the shot doctor appts. It wasn't something that she was really bothered by other than the first two minutes or so. I am sorry to hear Avery has such a hard time with them. I wonder why babies differ so much when it comes to that. I want to be a nurse one day, so I am sorry to say-- it was somewhat interesting to see how the nurses get in there and out of there so quickly. Oh, and the pics... they're beautiful.

January 05, 2006 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home