Tuesday, April 03, 2007

a moment of change

i told him that if he went out looking for a job he could stay Sunday evening. He interviewed this morning for a hotel down the street and started an hour later. Its part time (35hrs/wk) but I'm just so happy that he managed to find something this quickly. and in 60 days we get 7 nights stay...... I'm laughing to myself that if things aren't so cool at any point between us ; he can at least crash up at his work.
Now on to the issue of figuring out proper daycare. I've been in contact with a girl who keeps children from her home and she has a son (2yrs) and daughter that's a week younger then Benjamin.
Batman is hesitant about having a sitter because we got the results back on Avery's echo cardiogram from 2 weeks ago. She has Pulmonary Valve Stenosis (narrowing of the Pulm. Valve where de-oxygenated blood moves towards the lungs) it could be anywhere from mild to severe meaning treatment could be as simple as keeping an eye on her heart throughout the rest of her life, having a balloon catheter inflate and widen the valve or worst case scenario, Avery has to have open heart surgery to replace the valve itself and we wont know until we get a chance to take her to the referral Cardiologist.
Batman's beside himself with guilt for all the anguish He's put our family through. He realizes that its been wrong and how much he needs to take things lighter especially now with this diagnosis. Its been so strange the last several days since he's been home. absolutely wonderful but foreign compared to how he had been the last several months. He's actually being thoughtful and its exactly what has been missing.
I know I've done my fair share of saying how messed up in the head he is and that he's seeking mental help but in just the last week, He's showing me that maybe its not necessarily a loss of ability to control his anger as it is just a Nasty habit of getting away with treating me like shit. I think the week apart sorta' opened his eyes a bit and he saw what he was going to be loosing if he didn't straighten up. I wasn't going to allow things to continue the way they were headed and my husband has responded surprisingly well. a friends' mother once told me that the husband might be the Head of the family but the wife is the neck and helps direct the sight of the marriage.
I knew I married a good man with an attractive heart and it feels very good to have him back as my partner again. It had gotten pretty lonely in this marriage but He's really picking up in the area's that we had been failing at. now hopefully we'll managed to stay back up and straighten out the rest. It just feels good to know He is capable of doing things and thinking differently and even taking it to a level where's he's acting like a loving and thoughtfully concerned partner. yadda yadda yadda
YOU ARE AMAZING MY DEAR HUSBAND . thank you for pulling it together and for pulling towards me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Osbasso said...

I'm so happy to hear that he's making a turnaround.

Not so happy to hear about Avery! Please let us know how that all goes. Good thoughts and prayers to the whole family!

April 03, 2007 9:42 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

My oldest daughter Muzette is now 21 years old and she was born with the same heart problem that Avery has. When she was 22 months old her heart doctor streched her pulmery valve open with a ballon cather during cardic cat. and she was in the hospital for only two days. Now 19 years later she is going strong and has never had to have open heart surgery. I will pray that Avery will be as lucky as Muzette. Nancy

April 04, 2007 1:24 PM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

Oh Robyn kiss avery for me and we will be praying fo her and for you. if you need to talk email me or IM me k. We all love you and i am glad things are looking up.

April 04, 2007 4:22 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

I second osabasso's comment (but without the prayers because I'm agnostic).

April 05, 2007 5:21 PM  
Blogger Zoeyjane said...

let me know how it goes with avery and if you need to talk at all, please email. i'll give you my number, too, if you want to actually TALK.

do you think you're husband can give a lesson to mine? i'm verging on where you were a week or two ago...

April 05, 2007 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home