Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Water Gardens of FortWorth

this is the entrance of the water gardens we went to on my birthday. avery was having a complete blast walking along the sides of the various pools. we stopped earlier in the day and picked up a sundress for her because of how hot the afternoon sun had gotten. and I threw on some flips flops from the backend of the car because i was getting warm myself

not the greatest shot of the family. batman was trying to hold the camera and get all of us in the frame. i finally told him to ask another garden visitor to help shoot a family picture.

the stairs leading down into the big pitt of water. always freaked me out to be stepping down stairs with water passing underneath your feet. but it especially scared me knowing there had been fatalities at this pool. batman had benjamin in the pouch and also carried avery down these steps so i wouldnt be overwhelmed.


here we are with water rushing down around us on all sides.



the very center of this pool consists of blocks that you step across and avery was wanting to step over the gushing water all on her own. I was so scared yet proud of her for being so big and independant. the fact that her shoes kept slipping across the wet stone made it even more nerve racking for me but avery was having a wonderful time.




avery walked along the coast of the meditaion pool. she was so proud of her cloppy shoes that she picked out to wear.


there are sheets of cold water rushing down these walls and avery was scared to lean out and touch the wetness. I kept putting her out towards the wall and she kept climbing up my side trying to stay away from the water rushing down.

it wasnt untill i set her down and she leaned over to touch the water on her own accord that Avery enjoyed the flow of water.







it was a great time and I'm so happy that my daughter will be able to enjoy this place too. the watergardens had been closed for the past 3 years due to some idiot tourist that drowned in the big pool. its the same park except now there's a gate you pass through before going down into the pitt of the big water fall. I'm just so happy my children will grow up to know this place also.
it was a beautiful day and a wonderful way to spend my birthday.

7 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

Ok, this is so weird, but last nite on my local news, they were talking about the gardens reopening & today you post pics of it! What a beautiful place!

M~

March 06, 2007 4:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy 30th Birthday, you look great! Love those sunglasses!

March 06, 2007 8:55 PM  
Blogger Puddleduck said...

I'm so glad they reopened! Next time I'm up there we have to go!!!! I'm glad you got to go there with the girls and your hubby on you birthday. AND it was sunny! :)

kiss the kiddos for me. love you!

March 06, 2007 10:31 PM  
Blogger ~art said...

happy belated birthday! looks like a lot of fun!

March 07, 2007 8:22 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

tHAT IS SO BEAUTIFUL. I WISH WE HAD SOMETHING LIKE THAT HERE. lOVE THE PICS OF AVERY I CANNOT BELIVE HOW BIG SHE HAS GOTTEN.

March 07, 2007 12:36 PM  
Blogger keda said...

wow that looks like a wonderful day out!
happy belated birthday sweetness.

sorry i've not been about before. been sick around here.

gorgeous pictures :)

March 08, 2007 12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday! i've been a longtime reader/lurker (i know, i know), and i can't believe how fast your babies are growing up.

March 14, 2007 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home