Sunday, January 28, 2007

so work is good. I've realized that I'm the worlds best massage therapist and have recieved TONS of praise. my second day up at the spa and my boss lady stopped me to say that she's so very happy to have me working up there; that she feels I have good energy and that I'm going to be a big asset to her business.
I realized that I really had not done profesional work since becoming a mother. there had been times that i thought i might not ever go back to that line of work. after my assualt, my clientel was dwinddling and I really thought i had lost my care and compasion for others (especially in a semi-nude and touching environment) i actually thought i might not ever go back, that my emotional scars from being raped conflicted with the openess required to perform professional massage.
I new the day would come that I needed to go back to working and unfortunatley batman's job was not covering the neverending expense of diapers and wipes so I was sorta' forced back into finding work. the place is great and I could not have been more blessed to find a work enviornment this cool and ready for me. I just need to touch up my knowledge of doing body wraps and be trained on the front desk and the job is Golden.
but back to what i was initally trying to say. about twenty minutes into my first appointment i realized that by me becoming a mother, my identity had changed so much. My assult was something from the past but I am no longer that person. I'm a mom and am able to leave the pain behind me... at least long enough to act as a therapist for others. it feels so good to be working. i've already gotten a paycheck though it's only for 2 hours of work, 52 bucks aint so bad.

also an update, my loving dear husband has made it possible for us to not loose our internet. the bill is paid in full and we only have another months' worth of collect calls from jail (not batman but a friend of his) to pay but with me working now, everything should be great.
I'll post some updated pictures here shortly, just wanted to say that my job is good, my blog will be continued and the few of my blog buddies that have stayed in touch with me during this time, THANKS and I love you all! lets keep the phonelines open

11 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

You are such a brave soul. I'm so glad that you are able to put the past behind you & be able to do what you loved doing. It sounds like you are thriving in a positive work environment. It makes all the difference in the world!

Congrats & glad you're still here!

:)
M~

January 28, 2007 2:55 PM  
Blogger KB said...

Good for you. Glad to hear it's working out.

January 28, 2007 6:40 PM  
Blogger ~M~ said...

Glad to hear that things are going good...glad you are enjoying the new job...that's awesome! Hope the kiddos are great as well. Let us hear from you every now and then.

January 29, 2007 7:21 AM  
Blogger Osbasso said...

Glad to see that you haven't lost your touch! And so very glad to hear you happy!

January 29, 2007 12:16 PM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

well iam so glad you are happy there. it is also nice to get away from the mom thing and become that working woman huh? that is why I work at sears to help me with my identity.:)

January 30, 2007 7:42 AM  
Blogger Zoeyjane said...

yay!!!!!!!!

you're really helping me lean towards getting a job...all of this identity stuff is hitting me, big time.

January 30, 2007 11:24 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Robyn, I'm so happy for you that things are going well. I can certainly hear your happiness in your voice. That's awesome that it's all coming back so fast, and it's such a good environment.

January 31, 2007 9:24 AM  
Blogger keda said...

great news babe. well done. i have no doubt that you are a fantastic therapist babe. i have always felt your good energy even from here :) though best in the world?? you may have to settle for joint best with me! ;)

can't see the films yet but i'll stick around for a bit and hope i can.

great to hear things are going well sweetness.

February 02, 2007 2:11 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I have had to deal with those collect call bills. They really rip you off cause you want to speak with your loved ones. It's annoying.

Glad to hear you're back at your job! Great!

February 02, 2007 5:40 AM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

Haven't been online in a really long time because I'm training to be a dispatcher at the police department here. But I'm glad I dropped by to catch up! Soooo glad to hear things are going well for you now and that you like your work! That is such a blessing.

February 04, 2007 11:02 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

Robyn-Woman and Batman, the main man and the Magical Children, you are may absolute favorite family in all the world. So glad you had a good birthday time, and expect you to have many many more, indefinite days of hapiness and strength to overcome all odds...

Please take care of each other always; you are the future of the family, you know. I cannot imagine two people more well-equipped to do it, not just the having of the children, but the facing the world...Love you every minute, Aunt Gloria

February 21, 2007 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home